1. FISCHER's rating of the film Appointment in Honduras

Glenn Ford est égal à lui-même et Ann Sheridan, toujours aussi agréable à retrouver, dans une oeuvre mineure de l'intéressant Jacques Tourneur ..... www.cinefiches.com

2. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Appointment in Honduras

2.8 Very cheap looking film, sometimes almost abstract in effect. Rather listless performances (or simply 'restrained'?) and truely bad "special effects ". Still, somehow Tourneur keeps the interest high...

3. joey Noodles's rating of the film Appointment in Honduras

The trinity of power: Money, force and sexual desire. Tourneur's presents all three here in full fruition, the jungle acts as a character itself, containing all of these disgusting people and providing us with a fascinating psychological study and a masterclass of staging and framing. Very flawed, but for these reasons, it's notable.4/5

4. Gondo's rating of the film Appointment in Honduras

The always present green of nature seems almost like an ambush, a deceptive beauty in which a person fall like any other living thing out there.

5. João Eça's rating of the film Appointment in Honduras

Until I started to watch Tourneur I thought Hawks was the main influence to Carpenter's moral. Now I have my doubts as Tourneur's heroes are always individualists who most of all believe in staying alive. Yet they are also idealists and the delicate balance between individualism and idealism is what gives beauty to his movies. But Carpenter is much more nihilist than Tourneur and that's why I prefer Carpenter's work.