1. Lola Finch's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

love the electrelane song at the end is that super bait of me?

2. Minna's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

3. jaelaah's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

Desiree Akhavan - an intriguingly fresh début. Watch that name.

4. film_lies101's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

Akhavan has such a unique perspective, one wishes she would strayed away from well worn Brooklyn hipsterism tropes.

5. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

4.0 / Desiree - Under Your Spell

6. Panda's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

7. Muhamad Tegar Pratama Putra's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

Reminds me a lot to Girls tv series...the mumblecore generation

8. Kk Soft Boss's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

9. João Estevens's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

10. dave gunn's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

Akhavan is so charming and authentic that the cliche of another cynical woman dealing with heartbreak in New York City can be overlooked. This was just the right portions of funny and heartfelt. Overall, a very refreshing indie comedy from someone whose future I will be looking forward to.

11. thivai abhor's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

Comedy is the most difficult genre, in my experience, and it is rare to see a unique film (perspective) filled with forthright intelligence and laugh out loud moments.

12. dunjatello's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

I must have laughed at all the wrong moments but this is such a poignant film – newest wave realism at its best.

13. may's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

Hopefully not me in three years. "No one cares what you have to say. You have the sex appeal of a ferret."

14. Dan's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

3.5* The great pleasures of the film are in the its cutting throwaway lines and narrative threads that fray into nothing because they're messy, funny and true. More films by Desiree Akhavan, please?

15. Ruby's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

A cute mumblecore flick. Not incredible, but definitely a funny & sweet queer flick, with Desiree Akhavan proving the relevance of her voice as a film-maker. It's really good to see women of colour directing and starring in underground comedies rather than the typical white guy with girl issues. Plus any visibility of queer couples in cinema is a plus. Definitely worth watching over a chai!

16. Milly Hampton's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

17. Jimmi HRS's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

Eh this film follows the whole cliche hipster mumblecore movement and really doesn't bring anything new to the table. It isn't a bad film it just doesn't challenge or push any borders that Lena Dunham hasn't already explored.

18. itstheresomewhere's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

19. kian94's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

funny...the kids movie making part indicates the main idea of the film.

20. saitosouta's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

Deeply moving part for me is its editing. Shirin remember her past with Maxime during trying to do "Appropriate behavior". Not chronologically, the stage of ennui, first kiss, talks about coming out etc... People don't remember own past about love in the right order, but incoherently and unexpectedly. This movie duplicates that tendency & saddens me to remember my past frequently. However, hopeful last makes me happy

21. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

My kind of queer socially awkward satirical comedy. It's one of those "it's not a love story, it's a story about love"

22. DanOffen's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

I liked this but not as much as I thought I would. It's a little unfocused at times but I think it's got some great insights.

23. novanindro's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

what do they deserve for being jealous ? A PITY

24. Sarah Fonseca's rating of the film Appropriate Behavior

Several reviewers deemed this "Dunham-esque" & labeled it a "coming out story." Akhavana stands on her own, but if she must be compared to someone, it would have to be Greta Gerwig. Referring to this film as a "coming out story" reduces to the very genre it resists. Behavior is a heartbreak story, a hometown story, a moving-the-fuck-on story, a delayed coming of age story. Wish there were more films like this one.