1. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

The weakest of the three, simply due to the fact that too much time is spent on one tale I never became fully engrossed in, this is still a pleasant enough way to spend two hours, and the trilogy holds up as another fine piece of work from director Miguel Gomes.

2. Bruno's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

O inebriante canto dos tentilhões o segmento que guardo comigo, de todas as seis horas, dois anos volvidos

3. ig_____or's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

Uma luminosa Xerazade e um sedutor Paddleman encantam na primeira parte. A segunda história, bem menos encantada e bem mais arrastada, é dedicada a homens que cuidam de pássaros... ou a pássaros que cuidam de homens? Não diria que se fecha a trilogia com chave de ouro, mas acho que Gomes fez o que bem lhe apeteceu nestas Mil e Uma Noites: como um todo não têm a força que eu antecipava, mas têm alguns belos momentos.

4. -REM-'s rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

5. Diderot's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

It doesn't end as strongly as its second part but, judged as a whole, this is a joyful work, alternately devastating and light in its ruminations about life during hard times.

6. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

2 - During my viewing of this, I was struck by the solipsistic impression that Gomes made "Volume 2" a decent film just so he could raise my expectations, and thus disappoint me twice. Every positive point from the previous film has been squelched, and every weakness from the first volume has been amplified. Gomes has filmed my homeland as a farce; a circus; an overblown carnival, hopefully for the last time.

7. fearraigh's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

The trilogy ends on a high. The various tales within tales in this part are the strongest of the whole film and the documentary sequence on the chaffinch-fanciers is mesmerising. A brilliant closing scene to finish it all off.

8. Miguel Antunes's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

Much lighter than i had thought it would be

9. Alex Thomas's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

incredibly self indulgent. Watched the previous two parts and enjoyed them, but spending such a huge section of this film watching people prepare for a finch competition and not even witnessing the result, or the conclusion or any over-arching narrative made this feel like a real waste of time

10. raggiodisole's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

Turned off by long passage on trapped songbirds at the mercy of feckless men. Analogies don't make great film alone

11. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

The cultural fabric weaved by its own stories... metaphoric poetics! Really nice!

12. Federico Boswarlos's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

13. goulton green's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

Masterpiece. I liked all three and recommend. As well as this review with the point in the last sentence. http://www.filmcomment.com/blog/film-of-the-week-arabian-nights/

14. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

6.3/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2rs

15. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

****1/2, at least; I must ponder the conscious excess of titles and music in this final third. As a triptych, though, the film is a most gratifying complement to Costa's Lisbon films: The impelling social awareness ("commentary" will be in the eyes of the beholder) is near-identical; the execution could scarcely be more divergent -- Gomes's is as sprawling, variegated, and restless as Costa's is languorously precise,

16. Jason's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

The opening section of The Enchanted One, which focuses on Scheherazade herself, is clearly the most stylistically adventurous and most obviously thrilling section of Arabian Nights. It is absolutely stunning. There is then a brilliant digression. Then the chaffinches. Heh. Clearly the most challenging section. Amusingly, days are lost in telling a tale which visually consists of dudes standing around. But I love it.

17. Quentin Carbonell's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

One of the most beautiful way to see, thing about and live Time.

18. filmcapsule's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

A frustrating and intermittently interesting conclusion to Gomes' endeavor, showing both the potential and inherent disconnect in his central idea. There are isolated moments that contain magic and beauty, but the central structure to this pairing of ancient Baghdad and modern Portugal seems dubious.

19. Absentia's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

20. anarresti's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

Such a wonderful way to end the trilogy with this blend of "reality" and "fiction", both being questioned by Gomes' work. Chico Chapas story is now told - we'd seen him as an actor in the 2nd film. It takes a huge part of the film and it is without any mention to its potential meaning that we see men training birds to compete against each other. These men have found ways to transfer to birds their male aggression.*

21. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

22. Catarina Andrade's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

Não se acaba em beleza; encontra-se beleza em sítios improváveis

23. Luis Pires's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One

Raios partam os tentilhões.

24. AndreTenente's rating of the film Arabian Nights: Volume 3, the Enchanted One