1. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Ariel

2. ammar's rating of the film Ariel

3. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Ariel

Gotta love Kaurismäki's distinct, dead-pan style of comedy. This short and sweet black-comedy tells the story of a man who attempts to escape from the quicksand of his depressing working-class existence, but manages only to sink deeper into the dirt. Like a lot of Kaurismäki's other work, this is really quite a tragic tale, but at the same time it's funny as hell. Love his stuff.

4. Márgenes's rating of the film Ariel

"En algún lugar del arcoiris el cielo es azul..."

5. LeStalker's rating of the film Ariel

C'est un 3,5 étoiles mais le film mérite bien l'upgrade. Bon film noir, assez lapidaire, où les personnages n'ont pas grand chose à expliquer où à se dire mais où tout semble évident. Une pointe de burlesque, de bons acteurs, une bonne musique.

6. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Ariel

Irreducible, chain smokers, little talkative, hard boiled Aki heroes wear Ray Ban at night & drive Thunderbirds convertibles in the Finnish snow. And grab Finnish women who don't look cold +++ Irréductibles, fumeurs à la chaîne, avares de paroles, durs au mal, les mâles de Aki portent des Ray Ban la nuit nordique en conduisant de belles Américaines dans la neige. Et tombent des Finnoises qui n'ont pas froid aux yeux.

7. Superfrog's rating of the film Ariel

Aki is leaving me Finnishly cold. Not bad, but nothing I am actually keeping from this after the film.

8. fada19's rating of the film Ariel

9. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Ariel

10. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Ariel

Not my favourite though. Wonder how anyone might perceive it as a comedy.

11. Aardsy's rating of the film Ariel

Work it, Finnish Nick Cave.

12. Lex Lucas's rating of the film Ariel

Kaurismaki isn't just cynical; he's depressed, but he still manages to find the irony and humor in our world. Great view on life.

13. Alex Hall's rating of the film Ariel

Down By Law's Scandinavian cousin.

14. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Ariel

2017 UNIVERSCINE ------ 2017 MUBI

15. FISCHER's rating of the film Ariel

Une oeuvre intense et nonchalante à la fois, qui émeut et fascine... www.cinefiches.com

16. Alex's rating of the film Ariel

17. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Ariel

Dry humor can take time to get used to. This is super-dry. It's a bit of a no-complain, no-explain world, because you're trying to say as little as humanly possible. In this world you also make quick decisions, because thinking might involve some type of inner dialogue, and we don't do that here.

18. anadyomene's rating of the film Ariel

With this, I've finished the Proletariat Trilogy (in unchronological order as usual, this time was 3-1-2). Ariel is my least favorite, but bonus point for Riku the child, he's adorable.

19. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Ariel

20. Dignan's rating of the film Ariel

He loves his old radios playing rock over his dreary scenes.

21. René Roniar's rating of the film Ariel

22. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Ariel

23. Violins By Night's rating of the film Ariel

24. nightly_disease's rating of the film Ariel

''I am 37 now and 8 more makes me about 43"