1. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Army of Crime

GUEDIGIAN retrace le rôle des Arméniens en France durant la seconde guerre mondiale & l'occupation. Avec la belle Virginie LEDOYEN, Simon ABKARIAN & Pascal CERVO, héros de "Dernière Séance" de Laurent ACHARD.== GUEDIGIAN retraces the role of the Armenians in France during World War 2 and the occupation. With beautiful Virginie LEDOYEN, Simon ABKARIAN & Pascal CERVO, hero of "La Dernière Séance" by Laurent ACHARD.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Army of Crime

Petite piqûre de rappel à tous les Hortefeux de l'Hexagone que cette réalisation sur une sanglante page de l'Histoire de France, correctement mise en scène par un Guédiguian transcendé par son sujet, avec des acteurs investis de leurs éminents rôles. Une oeuvre salutaire à mettre en parallèle avec le solide film de Frank Cassenti "L'affiche rouge" sur les mêmes dramatiques événements. www.cinefiches.com

3. Ahmed Hasan's rating of the film Army of Crime

4. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Army of Crime

Interesting how time reveals mistakes in perception. Great movie!

5. Mogambo's rating of the film Army of Crime

Technically well done. Creates and conveys a real sense of time and place. The cinematography is lush. But all those attributes aren't enough to overcome the melodramatic feel. I could sense the director going for a certain style instead of letting the story unfold naturally.

6. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film Army of Crime

The French resistance always presents a compelling subject matter. But as many critics wrote, this film is a bit too somber and "respectful" of its history. It makes for a film that is a bit flat and tedious in parts, even with its depiction of a violent, vitriolic time. But worth watching for the backdrop and for Geudiguian's use of the Paris setting.

7. jamesey's rating of the film Army of Crime

After watching this I read up on the resistance. Learning something is worth 3 stars. I feel like some editing or faster pace could have kept this film more intense.

8. msmichel's rating of the film Army of Crime

Guediguian took a rare step away from his modern humanism films to make this fairly pedestrain but watchable entry into "french resistance" cinema. A lot of his regular troupe appear in smaller roles with fairly good performances from the leads Simon Abkarian and Virginie Ledoyen. Guediguian has certainly made better but this one worth watching.

9. Dorota's rating of the film Army of Crime

It was ok. Three stars is about right. Good topic, especially for me since my grandfather is from Armenia. Otherwise, nothing new in terms of this genre of films.

10. mpho3's rating of the film Army of Crime

Time has made the events that inspired this film into a historical footnote; the movie reminds us that it's a footnote that deserves to be remembered. 3.5 stars.

11. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Army of Crime

The film takes a long time to engage the viewer and traffics in mostly stock characters so we're rarely emotionally involved. Interesting, though. And with some good actors who's talents unfortunately aren't tested.

12. Reginald Healer Marcellin's rating of the film Army of Crime

Disappointedly mediocre, despite the subject matter