1. Material Salva+ion's rating of the film Art School Confidential

2. Ethan's rating of the film Art School Confidential

Terry Zwigoff is one of the most original and funny filmmakers of all time and I wish he would do more films. This one is an ensemble of hilarity with a thriller twist. Pure comedy gold.

3. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Art School Confidential

I love how cynically satire this film is. The embodiment of a narcissistic artist persona with a craving for fame and ultimate glorification through pretentious absurdity.

4. Annette Fernando's rating of the film Art School Confidential

To anyone who has ever studied Fine Art in art school - this film is for you!! You will recognise all the characters in this! It is so funny and so true! Based on the comic by the brilliant Daniel Clowes.

5. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Art School Confidential

6. Frankly, Mr. Shankly's rating of the film Art School Confidential

Lame. I was bored even when I was laughing.

7. Jardun's rating of the film Art School Confidential

Meta in a way, oddly very true. I think I have seen every one of the stereotypes in this movie in my art school.

8. Natalie's rating of the film Art School Confidential

A low-key comedy about art school cliches that, with an absurdist late twist, turns into a darker satire. If you come for laughs you will probably be disappointed: there are a few jabs at buzzword-dropping hacks but the wider joke seems to be on humanity itself. It's a cynical movie, down to its seemingly gentle final shot, and better than reputation suggests. (The backseat convo in the last few minutes is brilliant)

9. Mark Desrosiers's rating of the film Art School Confidential

A decent satire ruined by a plot. The first half-hour -- perfect aim and long-overdue target -- is essential: the rest is a diluted, chuffy, clumsy detour.

10. film_lies101's rating of the film Art School Confidential

Having actually attended art school, a bit of this film rang true. However, generalizations and stereotypes are not funny and even downright boring. One of the most toothless, lame satires I have ever seen. What the fuck happened Zwigoff/Clowes?

11. Markus Baumknecht's rating of the film Art School Confidential

"And who are you?" "I am a living cliché just like everyone of them."

12. domina vegrandis's rating of the film Art School Confidential

Certainly more honest than art school.

13. jeudemot's rating of the film Art School Confidential

i go to art school. i'm not sure if some of the people i meet are intentionally mirroring the characters here.

14. REH1101's rating of the film Art School Confidential

"You fuck a lot of chicks Matthew? Yeah I figured, man."

15. cinepheel's rating of the film Art School Confidential

Oh god I so love this movie. Why does everyone hate it. I thought the whole strangler thing was genius.

16. Arisa's rating of the film Art School Confidential

This movie's portrayal of pretentious art pricks is hilarious. However, the film could've been a lot better if they just took the Strathmore Strangler out entirely.

17. unvraibordel's rating of the film Art School Confidential

18. Jade Eden's rating of the film Art School Confidential

Necessary viewing for any art-school attendee, for hilarious true stereotyping.

19. Kristy's rating of the film Art School Confidential

This film is a bit cynical, but I'm an art major and see a LOT of similarities to some people in my classes. Self-important know it alls who care more about what other people say about their work than the experience of making it. The undercover cop getting appreciation for making his work look amateurish had me on the floor laughing hysterically:)