1. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film Artemis' Knee

I need to learn more about the context of his production and about the source's text (Cesare Pavese)

2. kartina obskura's rating of the film Artemis' Knee

for so long i've been feeling like a ghost ("wind" he says, but the meaning remains same - do we ever touch what we pass?) and for so long i've been feeling like i've been everywhere and i've been everyone, with images i couldn't explain (you know, i told you about them). so i've been wandering (and i'll tell you again that "wandering" is the most lonely word) between them, reaching my hands through light and dark

3. Mike A's rating of the film Artemis' Knee

I can't think of any other film that conveys the wonderful, paradoxical feeling of imaginative freedom and sensory restriction you get from reading a good book. Straub films actors speaking text, and the power of the material grows through each layer of remove. I've never encountered a movie in which the physical setting seems so close to an abstraction, and yet the sound of the air and the trees is real, beautiful.

4. Sudarshan R.'s rating of the film Artemis' Knee

Few film-makers make you as alive to light and texture as does Jean-Marie Straub.

5. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Artemis' Knee

Maybe old beliefs did us a favor, placing our genus in the broad class of 'creatures'. Thus loneliness was an illusion, since people were surrounded by kin plants & planets, results of demiurgic craft, sublunar minus-perfection. Love punctures this serene inclusion, its hounds bring deprivation to the bountiful; purity & depravity are the same, if love is lost or unrequited, as none can make it be less out of reach.

6. Aaron G.'s rating of the film Artemis' Knee

Indescribably beautiful. You don't know heart break until your greatest desire is to be eating by a goddess' dogs. Absolute cinematic perfection -- puts so much crap to shame.

7. liside's rating of the film Artemis' Knee

essere carne nella bocca del suo cane