1. Juan Javier's rating of the film As You Are

Buena, aunque algo convencional

2. ApexCactus's rating of the film As You Are

Just what a beautiful and inspiring film; this kind of movies are the reason that I love cinema with passion.

3. Onbestendig's rating of the film As You Are

4. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film As You Are

Directed and co-written by Miles Joris-Peyrafitte, this is a decent enough little drama about a turbulent time in the life of three teenagers. The structure makes clear that something bad has happened but holds back more details until the very end, which then comes along as a bit of an anti-climax compared to whatever scenarios viewers may have conjured up in their minds. Script is okay, performances are good.

5. captainfez's rating of the film As You Are

If you want to see a guy from Stranger Things attack a Corvette with a dildo, this is certainly the film for you.

6. Leif Erikson's rating of the film As You Are

7. meth_'s rating of the film As You Are

was excited to see Amandla but of course the black girl was one dimensional and served only as a plot device

8. poetboi's rating of the film As You Are

i waited a while to give this film a review because it touched me so magnificently. the strength of the actors in this film is amazing. i didn't particularly like the interrogation motif, but the beautifully written characters and their relationships with one another was just such a joy to watch. so so wonderful.

9. Yvonx S's rating of the film As You Are

This film really stayed with me; painfully sad, even harrowing is not too strong as description. It was wonderfully acted- so naturalistic and the undercurrents are not made obvious until the monsers surge to the surface and take a huge bite out of the viewer. I dreamt of the characters and woke still immersed in their lives. A film of lost innocence, teenage emotions beyond control & adult betrayal on an epic scale.

10. Superfrog's rating of the film As You Are

The female character really brings up the story with her soothing presence. The rest is a mishmash of what you'd expect in a modern teen film.

11. plentynuff's rating of the film As You Are

The good: Sensitively captures so much of what is painful in adolescence. The bad: Reliving so much of what is painful in adolescence. Excellent all except for the melancholy that lingers afterwards.

12. siimesand's rating of the film As You Are

By no means perfect, but Joris-Peyrafitte emerges as a strong voice for his generation. Beautifully acted and shot, I can't let go of this one.

13. cucoslover's rating of the film As You Are

14. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film As You Are

maybe the teenage me but really loved this

15. Rocío Castro's rating of the film As You Are

16. Dan and Val Freeman's rating of the film As You Are

Superb. Excellent story about the turmoils of adolescence which kept us guessing, played and shot really well, great use of score, can see why this won at Sundance. And nice to see Mary Stuart Masterson again and see her on top form. Only criticism is the very end is a little confusing and inconclusive ... but this is a minor criticism of a good piece of work.

17. Sudé's rating of the film As You Are

This film explored the emotions and feelings of sexuality within youth and it was a very thought out approach . Most importantly the film broke the approach of common modern cinema into realism and struggle .Furthermore it not only showed the obvious ; sexuality , it showed the bond built between friendship , love and affair, relationships, family , influence , school life , trust and drugs .

18. Henry Watts's rating of the film As You Are

I thought it captured the whole teenage "existential angst" thing quite well, but it was let down by an unimaginative script. However, it's promising that this is Miles' directorial debut.

19. yemithepouwny's rating of the film As You Are

Beautiful film! Everything about it is great: the cast, the story, the soundtrack, cinematography... everything except the ending. Such a shame!

20. vxpl's rating of the film As You Are

I overall enjoyed watching this because it's light and lgbt. But it seemed very messy. Jumping from one thing to another. It was so fast-going that I thought I was watching it for like 3 hours... too much stuff happening too fast. And of course... as all lgbt movies, the ending wasn't too fortunate lol.

21. Korial's rating of the film As You Are

Beyond a well presented façade this work appears messy and over-tuned, a discourse that is at times too concerned with aesthetics and the liturgy of drama.

22. Mariana Filipa's rating of the film As You Are

23. tinderness's rating of the film As You Are

Inzwischen ein alter Mann geworden, glaube ich, dass hier jemand die Herausforderungen von jungen Menschen voll und ganz verstanden hat, Der Film ist so etwas wie moderne Fassung der "Verwirrungen des Zöglings Törleß" mehr als hundert Jahre nach dessen Entstehung: voller Dramatik, bis zum Schluß, der nicht das Ende sein muß.

24. Dada Kubin's rating of the film As You Are

Part 3 in my Mubi Experiment of watching each Film of the Day for one week, this time on the positive side. As You Are gets a lots of comparisons to Dolan but it hasn’t got the lightness nor the originality. Yet for someone 24 years old it is quite mature, controlled and coherent debut feature about the troubles of youth, even if it’s somewhat obvious in its way of depicting the characters and how the story evolves.