1. haugenlars@hotmail.com's rating of the film As I Lay Dying

2. sark's rating of the film As I Lay Dying

Franco Franco Franco...you are like a horse butcher who thinks he's a brain surgeon...a drum machine that thinks it's a drummer...a cheap photo masquerading as the real thing...a new born child could have displayed more virtuosity on Faulkner's story of perspectives...and if you attempt The Sound and the Fury...it will be nothing but a tale told by an idiot!

3. eariadne's rating of the film As I Lay Dying

james franco casting himself as darl was very annoying, but I love this book a lot and I have a huge soft spot for nice and faithfull book-to-movie adaptations. this movie looked beautiful and I liked the way they tried to show the multiple perspectives/ fragmentated nature of the novel by using split screens.

4. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film As I Lay Dying

2013, dir. JAMES FRANCO - 6,5/10 (USA)

5. nematomaranka's rating of the film As I Lay Dying

trying to use as much as possible of the original words written by Falkner they haven't elaborated enough on the cinematographical ideas i.e. sceens where you can see both the face and the back of a person were wonderful. it's a pity that they would last only for a second before the story jumped to some other events and emotions. It is hard to base the movie on a good book. Franco at least made an effort.

6. hubertguillaud's rating of the film As I Lay Dying

Malgré quelques efforts louables (le split screen, les scènes oniriques, une belle galerie de personnages un peu sans âmes...) Franco a bien du mal à mettre en image la magnifique tragédie de Faulkner, dont il ne reste que le poisseux périple. Il parvient à en faire un film à la fois navrant et surprenant, un objet inclassable où l'on se demande ce qu'il y avait de bien et pourquoi le résultat est si mauvais.

7. PervertedActor's rating of the film As I Lay Dying

The first trailer –> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RWXI1M1dcck

8. i hate movies's rating of the film As I Lay Dying

james franco continues to assimilate (and if his trajectory has taught me anything, destroy) everything i like. blaaaah.

9. jimmymarkum's rating of the film As I Lay Dying

Well ... I think this is a remarkable (if experimental, awkward to follow) way of rendering a fragmented narration like Faulkner's

10. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film As I Lay Dying

Seriously Franco, what the shit?

11. Ryan Robinson's rating of the film As I Lay Dying

There's hardly 5 minutes of footage in this that doesn't use split-screen, slow motion, or that doesn't break the 4th wall. Franco is trying to emulate Faulkner's peculiar writing style, but he alienates his audience without adding anything to the film (and losing all the greatness of the source material). Probably the worst of 2013.

12. Diogo Xará's rating of the film As I Lay Dying

Uma boa adaptação do clássico de Faulkner. Não aconselhável para quem não leu o livro.

13. FCC 86's rating of the film As I Lay Dying

"It takes two people to make you, and one people to die. That's how the world is going to end"

14. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film As I Lay Dying