1. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Assassination

Beautiful, and strikingly cynical-- but honestly, I couldn't quite follow what was going on!

2. David Grillo's rating of the film Assassination

A Rasputin-esque tale where murder is slow and death is quick.

3. Steve Thompson's rating of the film Assassination

What a strange and challenging film, even by the standards of the 1960s Japanese New Wave. By turns austere and frenetic, its elliptical structure makes for a compelling film about politics and violence. The acting and cinematography are both superb and the directing is inventive. Kurosawa's 'Throne of Blood' seems histrionic and unengaging by comparison. A stark and powerful score by Tori Takemitsu also impresses.

4. clancy108@mac.com's rating of the film Assassination

Stylistically and cinematically beautiful but... well, just watch it till the end.

5. raggiodisole's rating of the film Assassination

Intrigue and charisma, a story of great interest.

6. M Klein's rating of the film Assassination

The 'Lawrence of Arabia' of Japanese cinema.

7. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film Assassination

deslumbrante puesta en escena pero alejada de mi. violenta y afilada cual hoja de katana

8. catch_33's rating of the film Assassination

If I wasn't so god damn tired I'm sure I would have enjoyed this much more than I did, as it had such incredible potential through my hazy perception. The French New Wave influence, the attention to detail and striking black and white imagery, this has all the puzzle pieces of something I would salivate over, if I wasn't salivating out of tiredness.

9. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Assassination

Critics say that it’s Shinoda’s best work. I wasn’t convinced at all by the “modern” style (freeze frames, subjective camera, the stories in the story) used by Shinoda. A disappointment.