1. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Assault Girls

The least of Oshii. Essentially a short segment of an abandoned omnibus film that has been padded out with a documentary-style intro, it works only as a cinematic "digestif" to the director's masterpiece Avalon, or as a further example of the filmmaker's continual stylistic blurring of live-action and animation effect. Standard Oshii themes reinvestigated, but without the greater philosophical weight found elsewhere.

2. Ostermyers's rating of the film Assault Girls

Omg ! I wanted more, with the traditional metaphysico-philosophico-spiritual Oshii thing ! ;__;

3. anarresti's rating of the film Assault Girls

Watching this was like watching part of a boring video game, with no real plot purpose, whatsoever. The introduction, in the beggining, seems to be totally forgotten, and could have been reduced to 30 seconds, if it's meant to serve such a playful wishfulfilling uneventfull silly fantasy. Has no sci-fi appeal, and will propably disapoint Avalon fans and Oshii fans in general.

4. Jonathan De La Rosa's rating of the film Assault Girls

Imagine if Red Spectacles had sex with Avalon, but it turns out that Avalon wants an abortion, goes to a clinic, but it turns out the clinician in charge got his degree from "Bob's Shack of Medicine" in the trunk of a 1972 Ford Pinto, so he fails, and the cinematic half-abortion slithers out, dwells in the sewers and is raised by rats, before growing to adulthood and finally emerging in all its monstrousness.

5. Polyglot's rating of the film Assault Girls

Live action anime as fuck.

6. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Assault Girls

Lui รจ troppo occupato a dar forma ai vostri sogni per scrivere un film. Lasciatelo perdere. Son serio.

7. Westley's rating of the film Assault Girls

I love almost all of Mamoru Oshii's films, but this one just didn't work for me. I did like the first sequence of the film, but the rest was boring and pointless. Also, the actors obviously couldn't speak proper English. Why didn't they just speak japanese? AVALON was much, much better.

8. sentry-23's rating of the film Assault Girls

Gorgeous costumes and cinematography, but somehow it doesn't connect to me like Avalon did. The story seems too simple and uninteresting, no matter how much I wanted to like it.

9. john L's rating of the film Assault Girls

Impossible to recommend to a casual viewer but essential to the Oshii completionist when it comes to tackling AVALON's themes.

10. ryan scott's rating of the film Assault Girls

this was like a live action anime, and while i love anime, this was... well, it was fun to look at at some points, i guess.