1. DaraDON's rating of the film At Close Range

Almost worth it for Walken's preposterousness and Penn's walk, but it hasn't aged well. Chris Penn's performance is a highlight.

2. Sarah's rating of the film At Close Range

Madonna – Live To Tell <3 PS: Madonna and Jean Penn were married for about 2 years. didn't know that till i googled jean penn to see his young self again.

3. Ghostman's rating of the film At Close Range

a solid crime flick with some good performances, that final freeze frame though is fucking terrible and almost ruined the whole thing in my opinion. Dope movie though.

4. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film At Close Range

Another film coming from the complicity between MADONNA, Sean PENN, Chris WALKEN & James FOLEY.

5. j.'s rating of the film At Close Range

I saw this for the first time not too long ago. The criticism that the film is "bland" or "mediocre" is astoundingly unfounded in my opinion. The dimly lit cinematography was so beautiful that the film moved at such a dreamy pace, even until the earth shattering final half hour, that it felt like being in a trance. The performances elevated it beyond a run of the mill crime thriller. Powerful and hugely underrated.

6. KafkaesqueKyle's rating of the film At Close Range

I always put this film with River's Edge and My Own Private Idaho. I love all three, and this one was the first I saw of them. What a surprise. I thought it would be awful, but it the performances won me over. It can be bland, but I never count that as being a huge reason to dislike a film.

7. Ulrich JARLØV's rating of the film At Close Range

The opening is perfect. The camerawork, Sean Penn's face, the melancholy music; he just drives around in his car, nothing else to do. And then he sees... Her. 3 brilliant minutes; capture perfectly what small town life must be like. But then the movie turns into a mediocre crime thriller.

8. José Neves's rating of the film At Close Range

"Desire" list: Sean Penn's most reliable and strong moment, a young soul rebel with a cause.

9. Koalacanth's rating of the film At Close Range

Walken is wonderful and evil.

10. OLIVER-J's rating of the film At Close Range

chris walken + sean penn = a killer combination. too bad the film itself, with the exception of a few tense and disturbing scenes, is quite bland.

11. Easton Dubois's rating of the film At Close Range

Walken has become such a caricature you forget how awesome of an actor the man is.

12. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film At Close Range

If you really needed proof that Chris Walken could play a really evil fuck, look no further...

13. Z's rating of the film At Close Range

Feels like Greek tragedy. A more accomplished and adept collection of character actors you will never see. This is Christopher Walken's favorite performance that he has ever essayed and it's quite apparent why. The sins of the father are quite severely visited upon his sons. The Madonna influenced score is haunting. Both Sean and Chris are perfect. The best crime film I have ever seen. Surely Foley's masterwork.

14. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film At Close Range

15. Corey Wade's rating of the film At Close Range

Had not seen in a good while. Came across it last night on MGM HD right when I was calling it a night. One of those films that from the opening draws me in, and I end up having to watch all the way through. Good performances all around.

16. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film At Close Range

totally underrated film. outshined by sean penn and madonna's relationship. needs another look at. amazing film.