1. mike's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

About Ellen's tell us something about our times, some kind of misunderstanding have taken us to a immense fragility in our lives. Ellen has decided to eradicate it.

2. between7skies's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

Jeanne Balibar holds this film together.

3. Bilouaustria's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

I am curious about this young german cinema and wanted to explore a bit further. An intriguing second feature with an weird script and a great Jeanne Balibar as usual (she can act in german, no problem, she can do basically everything). Even when it is hard to follow, "Im Alter von Ellen" has a captivating quality. I guess the second half is a bit weaker but never replicate or imitate. Splendid last shot.

4. DrFirestone's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

A film about self-discovery, about inevitable confusion, strange coincidences, those small and sometimes trivial life changing events that catch you off guard and lead to a cross-road. I liked the subtle humour. It's by no means an action film, but a charming, perhaps a bit sad story about life and how it (sometimes almost literally) guides you into unknown territories...

5. captainfez's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

I'm pretty sure neither airlines nor animal rights collectives run like that.

6. Mario Ostrowski's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

makes me want to see her other films, very unique film style, very thoughtful

7. Dysproz's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

For me it's less about animal rights and more about looking for Your place to live.

8. padjo@mac.com's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

9. c.langekuettner@outlook.com's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

Being a stewardess was once a dream job. Story with a catastrophic beginning but a kind of a happy ending which rounds up the story, but is a bit mysterious. All very coincidental, but such is life, sometimes.

10. David R Williams's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

A German flight attendant's life spirals downward after she leaves her husband, quits her job, and joins a radical group of animal rights activists. Not as much fun as that may sound. Ellen herself is a bit of a cipher. Not exactly sure what is wrong with her but something is definitely wrong. You do watch to see what happens next but really, I could care less about Ellen herself.

11. DestDest's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

Not the most moving film, but it probably resonates with those feeling aimless in life. For me, I didn't connect with Ellen at all. She had no backbone and was easily led around. The hardcore animal activists were interesting, but not enough to carry this dull movie.

12. Monkey Flix's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

I guess I'm a lot closer to Ellen's age now, since I wasted two hours of my life watching this.

13. Superfrog's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

The film succeeds in telling a story but it is a bit of a mes in doing so and does not do much past its primary goal, Pretty well shot and set up, I rather like the bedroom scenes. The animal activists are pretty unconvincing in parts, much like the real ones.

14. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

Jeanne Balibar stars as Ellen, a flight attendant who finds herself having a bit of a mid-life crisis that leads to her pursuing a very different patth from the one she is already on. I thought it was a great character study, providing a rare female spin on the kind of film we usually see featuring male characters. Ellen is a flawed character, but she's making many mistakes as she tries to right herself again.

15. Slappy McGee's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

The story follows the troubled life of Ellen (played wonderfully by Jeanne Balibar) as she drifts from one bad situation to the next. Through a series of self-created tribulations, Ellen finds herself out of work, out of love, out of a home, out of money and out of meaning for her life. The narrative ducks and weaves, so, much like Ellen, we are constantly caught off-guard and must hold on to right ourselves.

16. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

2.7 there is an obnoxious patriarchal breath & a certain stiffness around a drama about capitalist oblivion in a specifically patriachal form. interesting, at times with a vague humor

17. emiliemails's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

It certainly leaves you with no certainty. I would almost classify it as a "coming of age" genre but there is no resolution. Which, as a middle-aged woman at a turning point, I can say that is nearly exactly what it feels like to be a middle-aged woman at a turning point. Liminality at it's most liminal. Well-played even if it's not the sort of movie that leaves you feeling up!

18. Max.Madrid's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

19. Susie Hamilton's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

Episodic, increasingly disconnected meanderings which made me feel the film had lost its early assurance.

20. eberhard's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

Für alle, die etwas offensichtlichere Bizarrerie zuweilen vermissen.

21. AVA's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

Ein ungewöhnlicher Ausbruch aus der Klemme des westlichen Alltags.Wegweisend fast.

22. Dogville59's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

I thought this was an interesting film showing a woman's progression from airline stewardess to committed animal rights activist sparked by the breakup of her marriage. Her journey is well presented and I never was bored though this is not an action film so if that is what you want look elsewhere.

23. Matias's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

24. Jeremy Tamura's rating of the film At Ellen's Age

I can't wait to watch this film