1. S Campbell's rating of the film Atlantic City

A little underrated gem Burt Lancaster is brilliant in the role of a faded gangster

2. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Atlantic City

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Atlantic City

Une oeuvre noire et dépouillée, avec un remarquable Burt Lancaster... www.cinefiches.com

4. Balthaz21's rating of the film Atlantic City

5. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Atlantic City

I'd rather go to Kansas City (Altman).

6. ammar's rating of the film Atlantic City

7. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Atlantic City

I wanted to like this movie. But I couldn't. From the beginning I was thinking: why the hype about this? Burt Lancaster & Susan Sarandon are great actors, but here, it does not work at all for me. Honestly, this is a boring movie. No crime, no thrill, no comedy, no nothing. Disappointing.

8. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Atlantic City

Lancaster is so extraordinary here. Everything that he lived through comes into play with this performance. Also, this film is the inauguration of Sarandon as a real actress and, ultimately, as a brilliant comedienne.

9. Blumes's rating of the film Atlantic City

extra star for the setting and a textbook crush on the film as a whole

10. Richie Hayes's rating of the film Atlantic City

3 or 4. Charming and gritty in ways and let down in others

11. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Atlantic City

Grasping at dignity and delusion while trying to navigate the world with a little grace and self-respect. We hope Sarandon's Sally makes it through better than Lancaster's Lou - and the movie seems to imply that she will - but she's still got a long way to go until she's endured as many years of disappointment and dissolution as Lou has.

12. Justin Senkbile's rating of the film Atlantic City

"Don't forget to ditch the car" - Oof, heartbreaking

13. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Atlantic City

A beautifully bleak movie about desire, delusion...a lack of self awareness, and nostalgia. Lancaster's close to swan song great performance is well matched by the rest of the cast in one of Malle's better more known films.

14. Silenzio's rating of the film Atlantic City

A wonderful film from Malle and one of the last great roles for Lancaster, although Sarandon is equally good.

15. Darryl Graham's rating of the film Atlantic City

fantastic film about how life, values, and expectations change from generation to generation. The film showcases (simultaneously) 3 separate american generations against the backdrop of a city in transition -- the actual Atlantic City during it's transformation from outdated resort city to gambling mecca. A fascinating study of change by a premiere filmmaker.

16. AntioneOscar69's rating of the film Atlantic City

A sharply observed, brilliantly acted, elegiac, funny, wise look at the infamous gambling resort, masterfully directed by the late great Malle. Underrated gem, one of the best of the 80s.

17. Brian Padian's rating of the film Atlantic City

18. David M.K.'s rating of the film Atlantic City

Really idiotic. I knew I was in trouble in the very first scene when Susan Sarandon was rubbing citrus fruit on her breasts in front of the kitchen window as a decrepit Burt Lancaster ogled from next door. No amount of aggressive citrus fruit rubbing will counteract the fishy smell of this movie.

19. chanandre's rating of the film Atlantic City

[Cinémathèque PT #51: 35 mm]

20. Robert Regan's rating of the film Atlantic City

"You should have seen the Atlantic Ocean in those days!"

21. Mayukh Sen's rating of the film Atlantic City

22. rolandogilead's rating of the film Atlantic City

Wow. I didn't expect this. He is now one of my favourite directors ever. Until now my personal favourite is Elevator to the Gallops. But god how i love Murmur of the Heart too. Great director!!