1. sabrina's rating of the film Attenberg

Contemporary Greek filmmaking seems to be consistently bleak and awkward, but I mean that in a good way. Approaches sex and death in a frank manner, representing them as they objectively are rather than what they are romanticized to be. Reminds me a lot of Yorgos Lanthimos's films.

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Attenberg

The Greek wave has produced some of the finest filmmakers ever. This one is pretty close to being great. It just has a few flaws. Watch it. I think you'll agree. And stop comparing it to 'Dogtooth'. Does "My Little Pony' compare to 'Frozen'? Of course not, you damn racists.

3. vordven's rating of the film Attenberg

4. anadyomene's rating of the film Attenberg

I tried to like 'Attenberg'. Sadly I can't. All I feel was a lonesome detachment.

5. Steve G.'s rating of the film Attenberg

I believe this is what the kids call 'friendship goals'.

6. RENO NISMARA.'s rating of the film Attenberg

not unlike watching sir david attenborough's documentaries.

7. Noli Manaig's rating of the film Attenberg

Overrated, I'm afraid. I enjoyed -- and still do -- the whimsicality of Vera Chytilova's Daisies (the obvious object of imitation here) to say nothing of the tongue-in-cheek ethos of the French New Wave. This is just plain annoying. Worse, it deludes itself with the conviction of its own wonderfulness. No gimmicky window dressing can disguise its yawning vacuity.

8. ammar's rating of the film Attenberg

9. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Attenberg

10. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Attenberg

I watched it when my father was in a coma and I remembered it now three years after he passed away. Greek wave hitting with universal themes, with thoughts of Antonioni and Godard, and all that Alan Vega... Did I mention how much dad loved Francoise Hardy and the sea?

11. Renton47's rating of the film Attenberg

It was surprising to me that I was not on board with Attenberg's particular brand of social alienation. Perhaps I just found it too affected, quaint or cold. A shame because I wanted so bad to embrace this unique film about feeling like an animal in a human kingdom, or a human in an animal one.

12. Beau de Jour's rating of the film Attenberg

Not the best movie among the Weird Wave ones.

13. coin diluvien's rating of the film Attenberg

14. saitosouta's rating of the film Attenberg

I understand my body through your body, I understand my life through your death. Strange but confident, conscientiously moving tale about "I". Ariane Labed's physicality is just like uniqueness of "Greek Weird Wave". So superb.

15. MiGuanajuato's rating of the film Attenberg

Tiene buenos momentos y la historia es singular, sin embargo es muy contemplativa, realmente se pudo hacer en una hora. Para mi el exceso de tiempo hace que pierda fuerza y por ello no termina siendo una cinta que recomiende.

16. Joaquín Font's rating of the film Attenberg

Powerful story, even as it is an oddity, it is a beautiful oddity. Really the strenght here is in the characters, particularly Marina, she's a complex and beautiful human being.

17. Víctor H's rating of the film Attenberg

"Todos los hombres desean por naturaleza saber", y hasta los tabúes inevitablemente deben hablarse y vivirse. Aunque al inicio no se sepa nada sobre amor, sexo y mucho menos sobre la muerte.

18. Pymo's rating of the film Attenberg

19. kétia pina's rating of the film Attenberg

20. Post Ironic's rating of the film Attenberg

I loved the -seemingly Alan Vega inspired- quirky loneliness of this film. Athina Tsangari is a director to keep an eye on for the future.

21. Dareos Khalili's rating of the film Attenberg

STOP COMPARING THIS TO DOGTOOTH There is absolutely nothing similar to these two movies apart from the fact that they belong to the same wave! I can't stress how brilliant this film is. Certainly not for everyone, it uses language not strictly cinematic. Can't wait to see her new film

22. EdieEmm's rating of the film Attenberg

The most charming movie I've seen in a long time. Quirky without falling into vapid caricature. Poignant without being at all emotionally overbearing. Beautifully shot. Well acted. And OMG-brilliant soundtrack.

23. Hrino's rating of the film Attenberg