1. darioscha's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Balthazar y la hija me recuerdan a el Agnus dei de Zurbaran, Burro en lugar de Cordero los dos personajes se funden en ese simbolo que tiene que sacrificarse en una sociedad consumida por la violencia, los ritos y la crueldad

2. Elena's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

3. qw0aszx's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Life is devastating, Balthazar doesn't understand this cruel world but he watches it all the time. ★★★★☆

4. abunchoffilms's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Quite possibly the simplest yet, one of the densest experiences one can see.

5. samuraiargento's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Un hilo conductor: la vida de un burro y como se relaciona con un mundo pequeño y rural, una excusa para retratar un mundo inmovil y en apariencia bucólico pero que, implacable, se debate en un durisimo mundo sin piedad.

6. Federico De Bonis's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Full of poetry, this is the first film I watch from Bresson and is heartbreaking. Somehow I think, this movies are the ones could make a better world if everybody watches.

7. BenNash's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

I was going to make a 'Clerks II' joke but then I decided against it.

8. Peregrine's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

The best donkey film out there. No film is more simple and more pure than this one. We're all Balthazars crushing under the weight of fate. There's cruelty and kindness. But mostly cruelty.

9. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

10. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

A film with few words and beautiful cinematography, full of symbolic gestures and strong visual compositions. I think there is also a strong political subtext.

11. Dory Bakiewicz Ehmer's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

12. MisterColo93's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

13. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

14. Pelin Şahin's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Godard said this film is "The world in an hour and a half", it's not hard to see what he meant. Remembering The Turin Horse.

15. Quesera,sera's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

if only balthazar could speak, what exactly are humans.. greedy, stupid, selfish, and destructive

16. Walker's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

I don't "get it" but I know it's great.

17. mubianer's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Bresson's humanity, and respect for all living creatures, shines through. This is the second time I watch this, but the story line still confuses me a little. Kaurismäki is heavily influenced by Bresson's style I noticed this time.

18. Domenico Ricucci's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

19. truffraud's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

im one of those people who has violent apathetic aversion (which seems like a hell of an oxymoron) to bresson.. the first half of ahb is pretty nice (pastoral, 'quaint'). the second half is an onslaught of slow-moving frustrating imagery with little satisfaction or passion. according to some critic bressons artistry is he engages 2 senses simultaneously with image and sound, yet.. it was boring as hell to me

20. FISCHER's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Vision pessimiste et sombre de la nature humaine, à travers un désespérant tableau sans concession où le brave quadrupède sert de révélateur de la vilénie de l'homme... www.cinefiches.com

21. dordairobert's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

22. Raum's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

23. Wen's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

How ridiculous it is to be human? Perfect cinematography + Schubert D959 Andantino Nothing is calm under the surface

24. Luca Casilli's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar