1. Pelin Şahin's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Godard said this film is "The world in an hour and a half", it's not hard to see what he meant. Remembering The Turin Horse.

2. Quesera,sera's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

if only balthazar could speak, what exactly are humans.. greedy, stupid, selfish, and destructive

3. Walker's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

I don't "get it" but I know it's great.

4. mubianer's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Bresson's humanity, and respect for all living creatures, shines through. This is the second time I watch this, but the story line still confuses me a little. Kaurismäki is heavily influenced by Bresson's style I noticed this time.

5. Domenico Ricucci's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

6. truffraud's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

im one of those people who has violent apathetic aversion (which seems like a hell of an oxymoron) to bresson.. the first half of ahb is pretty nice (pastoral, 'quaint'). the second half is an onslaught of slow-moving frustrating imagery with little satisfaction or passion. according to some critic bressons artistry is he engages 2 senses simultaneously with image and sound, yet.. it was boring as hell to me

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Vision pessimiste et sombre de la nature humaine, à travers un désespérant tableau sans concession où le brave quadrupède sert de révélateur de la vilénie de l'homme... www.cinefiches.com

8. dordai_robert's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

9. Raum's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

10. Wen's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

How ridiculous it is to be human? Perfect cinematography + Schubert D959 Andantino Nothing is calm under the surface

11. Luca Casilli's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

12. Marjan Mar's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Est ce qu'on sait pourquoi on aime?..

13. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

unwieldy plot interferes with lush visual symbolism and hypnotic tone

14. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Many consider it Bresson's masterpiece, and I suppose I can see that. But for most of the running time, I simply wasn't there. In fact, I didn't even realize I liked it till the very end. Part of that has to do with extenuating circumstances, and my ability to pay attention throughout the film, but part of it has to do with the fact that it just didn't grab me, didn't stir anything in me.

15. Tiago Mesquita's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

16. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Kaleidoscope of human's vice. Those who don't want to do any harm are too weak and aren't capable of changing anything. The donkey is like a buddhist monk among the cruelty of the world

17. m00njaguar's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Stunned by this masterpiece. Humane, unsentimental, honest, visually gorgeous. The donkey deserved an Oscar. Minimalist while saying so much in every shot and restrained expression.

18. Patrick Hoffman's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Un film magnifique. Le destin de cet âne est si triste. Bresson a su filmer sa détresse. Ce film est grand, Bresson est grand.

19. BkyRachl's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Cuan difícil resulta ser la vida de un inocente burro, salteando entre la carga emocional de los personajes, que es pesadísima, sin aspiraciones, con toda la vileza de la humanidad, fríos, parecen carentes de emociones... Cuan difícil parece la vida si uno fuera ese burro... :'(

20. Murat Erdem's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Etkileyici ve güzel bir film.

21. Julien Du Mans's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Esthétique, triste, mais trop compliqué ! A voir au moins deux fois pour comprendre le scénario. Il faut tout deviner ou imaginer, et ça ne colle pas forcément avec la suite des événements. Les acteurs jouent de manière théâtrale mais cela donne du charme au film.

22. esen özen's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

İnsandan daha insan bir eşeğin, Balthazar'ın gözünden 'insan'a bakmak... Sahip değiştirdikçe, hayatı değişen Balthazar'ın tavrı hep aynı, aynı sükunet. Kimseyi cezalandırmadan, tepki vermeden, dünyanın acısını sırtlanmış bir ermiş gibi, insanın günahlarının çilesini dolduruyor sanki. Hayatın sırrına ermek böyle bir şey olsa gerek.

23. fanette jacob's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Film d'une immense tristesse , espèce humaine désespérante. un chef d'oeuvre.

24. Filipe Bezerra's rating of the film Au hasard Balthazar

Like Godard once said: "the world in one hour and a half".

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7