1. P D Dawson's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

Simply a masterpiece of direction and screen writing. The relationship between Bonnet and Quentin is understated and underplayed, like much of the film, but therein lies its power. The viewer doesn't realise the investment in character until the end, when in a climatic surge of repressed emotion, we feel the pain and awful truth of it all. The acting, from the boys to the monks, are so believable, it actually hurts.

2. Francesca Gavin's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

one of the best films EVER made

3. Michael Diers's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

Sehr bewegend und tieftraurig dargestellt ist dieses Drama und eine der unbekannteren Geschichten um die Verfolgung jüdischer Bürger im von Nazis besetzten Frankreich.

4. Florence's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

5. Andreas Holz's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

An important movie which unfortunately fails to move due to poor acting. You never really feel the friendship between the boys or their desperation. Should be remade!

6. Carl Gornitzki's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

One of my absolut favorite films of all time. A good example of visual storytelling. Poetic and heart breaking.

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

Sujet grave et solide, qui se veut d'une grande sensibilité humaine, un récit émouvant et poignant d'une époque douloureuse, mais qui demeure, pour notre part, en grande partie en-deçà de ses objectifs et de ses constats... www.cinefiches.com

8. Blue Roses's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

9. choupinet's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

I've seen this movie countless times and it never ceases to have an impact on me.

10. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

Absolutely the most tender, understated coming of age story that exists. Malle explores the nostalgia for childhood and the illusions of adulthood from the respectively opposite points of view. The young Manesse and Fejtő give two profound performances, rooting the film in a really deeply emotional place- it's hard not walk away from this one heartbroken.

11. anadyomene's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

I cried. Madly cried. Fuck you, Joseph.

12. Ghostman's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

One of the best films of the 80s.

13. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

17. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

18. bmelis's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

19. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

20. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

We're headed towards the title like a train towards the broken bridge.

21. SpacePirate's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

A devastating film. One of his best fully realized works

22. postblueink's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

23. Log Lady's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

This should be shown in every class room out there, and it should be discussed afterwards. The subtlety and lack of useless sentimentality impressed me, and of course the haunting ending lingers on. However, overall I failed to connect to this. Important film, but for some reason the starkness also kept me distant.

24. tom.house's rating of the film Au revoir les enfants

Almost had a panic attack when the Gestapo officer enters the classroom, really well crafted scene among many.

← Previous 1 3 4