1. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Audition

the only horror movie i can never watch again.

2. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Audition

A missed opportunity at a masterpiece. Starts out as a more focused Ozu drama, then stumbles due to Miike having to imprint his bonkers editing into the final act, of which, would've been effective with just its violence alone. These freakout scenes make its initial promise of a refined, grounded-drama-that-goes-into-a-horror-flick go off the rails into midnight movie bullshit. As a fan of that, I seldom say that.

3. angeldromero's rating of the film Audition

4. Andre's rating of the film Audition

Quite apart from the (literally) near unwatchable finale, this is an exceptional thriller: the bold gambit of setting it up as a quiet romantic drama pays off, and the middle section, as a descent into hell, is crafted in a manner worthy of Hitchcock. There is also an intriguing ambiguity at it's center (there are two mutually exclusive readings of the finale). Unpleasant, but unforgettable.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Audition

Comment finir dans un sac, sauvagement amputé ! www.cinefiches.com

6. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Audition

Marianne Kătelyn's review beautifully expresses Audition's tricksy praxis. Upon rewatching what impressed me was how restrained the film is in its cruelty... almost kind. Elicited from me more pity than repulsion. Both protagonists might have been good people if it weren't for him: lack of integrity; her: excess of idealism. For all its post-modern playfulness, it almost feels like a traditionally tragic story.

7. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film Audition

Really sloooow build-up, but the punchline is terrifying. Stunning film, in my opinion.

8. bogdann's rating of the film Audition

it's been a really long time since a horror film actually made my skin crawl

9. hanon152's rating of the film Audition

The mentality of some people to satisfy their darkest fantasies, many of them come as consequences of their past. The performance of eihi shiina is extraordinary

10. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Audition

I think it's a bit too simplistic to say that he got what he deserved. It's similar to those horror movies where the women who are virgins tend to survive. Which is weak moralizing. The truth is that bad has a way of attracting bad.

11. apriccot's rating of the film Audition

12. choupinet's rating of the film Audition

13. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film Audition

My favorite horror movie. Perfectly, subtly modulated feminism, the slowest burn you ever did see, a rom-com narrative that melts and drips into surrealist trauma. Scary beyond comprehension -- and complex. The villain is logically villainous; the sexism and selfishness of the protagonist is entirely catalyzed by societal pressure. This is the third time I've watched it and it always makes me upset and thrilled.

14. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Audition

The blue light cinematography and the aesthetic compositions almost compensate for the 100 minutes of waiting for some gore.

15. Igor Ramos's rating of the film Audition

I liked the build-up towards that squeamish final minutes. The dream sequences could have been better planned and placed within the film, because it felt like they were stalling the main action and not particularly bringing something new to the table. The film itself could easily have lost 15-20 minutes of its running time. But overall it's a stylish effort from Miike that resisted to just give away the body horror.

16. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Audition

2-3. First thing's first; I think about 50% of the gore is handled rather tastefully and the other half is kinda gratuitous. I also think that Miike's editing gives the final part of the film an unnecessarily abstract feeling, when the movie had been doing fine in evoking from a lateral logic and setting up to that point. Otherwise, I think most of the social points the film makes are okay.

17. DawSchwarz's rating of the film Audition

18. Marjan Mar's rating of the film Audition

Seeing its beauty is something really special. Ty.

19. lostlevel's rating of the film Audition

It's not that it's a bad movie rather I thoroughly regret watching beyond the point the bag moved. It morphs from vaguely whimsy into a disturbing, distressing, and miserable experience. It's very effective.

20. Nicole Danielle's rating of the film Audition

Long and sorta confusing, still not sure what happened. Albeit, brutal as fuck, so I fucks wit it.

21. Shea Hennum's rating of the film Audition

22. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Audition

23. lIZUKA's rating of the film Audition

Diabolically adroit piece of filmmaking makes you think twice about (re)marriage.

24. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Audition

I do admire how it starts off as a rom-com and turns very suddenly into something altogether more hideous. There are some cult scenes in it but as an overall film, it is probably overrated.