1. EdieEmm's rating of the film Aurora

Aesthetically & formally there’s a lot of Chantal Akerman here, and even some similarity in tone (& run-time) with Jeanne Dielman... But really what this is is an Akerman-like, super-realist take on Why Does Herr R. Run Amok, with a 1.5 hr punchline. Compelling Dustin Hoffman-y lead performance by the director, though I’m not convinced he was the one for the part. Beautifully shot. Maybe not the deepest. 3.5

2. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Aurora

3. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Aurora

4. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Aurora

Lo interesante de este filme es que invita al peritaje en referencia a un seguimiento que evoca a lo que será un evento desafortunado. Lo que acontece desde un inicio es una incógnita. No se sabe nada de un hombre. De él nos enteremos con lo poco que conocemos. Así como en "Policía, adjetivo", el filme de Puiu termina en una comisaría en donde se dictará un dará testimonio y de paso la razón de todo lo visto.

5. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Aurora

6. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Aurora

The last lines of the film resonate, and re-contextualize what has gone before. But it all happens so quietly...

7. Marian Sorin Radulescu's rating of the film Aurora

What happens when the ship sails on no more. A passion told in an expressive photography by the uncrowned king of amoralism in Romanian art-house cinema since 2000.

8. El Biffo's rating of the film Aurora

Watchable, bot not terribly satisfying. 3 hours long, and still missing something, to say the least.

9. Madison Santos's rating of the film Aurora

Drawn out but worth it. Honest look at a human's slow fall into madness. Anti-climax has never been so sweet.

10. Clay_Carter's rating of the film Aurora

If you are looking for humor or grains of exposition, this is not a film for you. I'm not sure for who this film is best suited. In ways it reminded me of a sparser version of "Norte, The End of History". I can't justify the three hour runtime as necessary, though you do indeed understand Viorel slightly more in the end. Maybe it was supposed to be funny and I missed something? Can't say I enjoyed it, but hell...

11. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Aurora

It could be shorter. They don't give you much to figure things out. 'Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?' only runs 90 minutes.

12. Chris Gillespie's rating of the film Aurora

Meticulous look into the mind of a socially awkward sociopath. The movie contained a few too many extraneous scenes for my liking, but I enjoyed the slow pace and somber tone of the movie. Cristi Puiu is a surprisingly good actor too.

13. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Aurora

Loooong, patient, clinical look at the mind of the sociopath. Unlike Haneke, Puiu seemingly doesn't provide answers on who to blame this for.

14. vladd's rating of the film Aurora

A harrowing, meticulous study of one's personal, self-justified crusade against the forces that wronged him. Director Cristi Puiu also acts in the film and it couldn't be a better choice - He manages to effectively convey the brooding, violent tension of the psyche only with his eyes, a feat accomplished in films like Bruno Dumont's "Humanité" (1999) or 2014's more commercial Nightcrawler. Highly recommended.

15. NO LONGER HUMAN's rating of the film Aurora

Puiu has done a good job on manipulating our usual taste on watching criminal movies through his unorthodox style in creating Aurora film.

16. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Aurora

Typical Romanian new wave drama. Not bad but not brilliant either

17. sharunasbresson's rating of the film Aurora

nice to be reminded that a patient eye is the only way to a deep human understanding, especially when someone's behaviour is not reasonable and yet has some hidden reason. this movie is my new "Jeanne Dielmann" and that's saying a lot to me

18. Pouya G. Asadi's rating of the film Aurora

19. Doruk Sahinel's rating of the film Aurora

You can find a review of Aurora in the following website (in Turkish): http://bonlibero.blogspot.com/2010/08/aurora.html

20. Robert W Peabody III's rating of the film Aurora

Draw me in; eliminate plot points such that the filmic ‘fog of the present’ represents my known experiential reality – but within that fog, don’t tell me that murder is unremarkable.

21. jef costello's rating of the film Aurora

a long movie about killing. absolutely one of the most important films of the decade.

22. Gonçalo Loureiro's rating of the film Aurora

foda-se, caralho, lindo, puta que pariu

23. Ciprian David's rating of the film Aurora

Aurora is one of my most loved films. I just saw it today, again - it's been a while. This time it was all about the camera, acting just in the same vein as the main character, even schmoozing him. I assume Cristi Puiu chose such a neurotic character in order to dislocate the general function of an observing camera and take it to Auroras level, where small gestures would only be cheap film realism.

24. OLIVER-J's rating of the film Aurora

very impressive. it doesn't offer easy answers but that didn't bother me. the few scenes of violence were handled perfectly with surprising, slow-burn tension.