1. pepoire's rating of the film Austenland

The thing about making a satire is that you have to decide on an opinion re what is ridiculous and what is not, and stick to it. This movie is obviously meant to be a satire, but it just takes aim so wildly at everyone and everything that all the contradictory points that are made end up pretty much canceling each other out. It has some really funny moments, but overall watching it was just basically 1.5 hours of ???

2. snowykatie's rating of the film Austenland

Such a fun film for Austen fans.

3. Catarina Silva's rating of the film Austenland

I'm going to pretend I didn't like this movie as much as I really did

4. muh.'s rating of the film Austenland

(2.5 but i'm benevolent) to put it bluntly i don't think this one was intended for anyone who isn't either a fan of austen or familiar with her works. while it does offer some good-humoured jokes the commonwealth part of the cast (which is great) gets unfortunately pushed to the side in favour of their american counterparts who lack a certain anything when it comes to comic timing and delivering jokes.

5. tunaflavour's rating of the film Austenland

6. robin's rating of the film Austenland

7. naive3's rating of the film Austenland

Hilarious. Just grand.

8. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Austenland

The cast tries their darnedest to keep the movie alive but the story (which started out promising) ends up dull and stagnant, not knowing if it's a comedy, romance, or parody. I'd rather watch a real Austen film; at least then Coolidge's aggravating acting will be absent.

9. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Austenland

If I were to know any piano song that one would be a winning bet.

10. eveningflares's rating of the film Austenland

This movie was a lot of fun and I just adored it. Plus I love Jane Austen.

11. idon'tknow..'s rating of the film Austenland

funny and cute (⑅ ॣ•͈ᴗ•͈ ॣ)

12. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Austenland

This was rough. There's some potential in the concept about lonely Jane Austen fans who make a pilgrimage to an English country estate set up like an Austen novel to cater to lonely hearts looking for romance. But the execution is so twee and awkward that it just doesn't work. Relies too heavily on Jennifer Coolidge's dumb blonde persona, and the script is rife with jokes that just don't land.

13. Michelle Martinez's rating of the film Austenland

What can I say..I'm all giddy just thinking about it, loved it (no surprise) And at that moment when 'Jane' played 'Hot in Here' I knew it was my new favorite movie. Oh and one last thing...Where the hell are you Darcy??

14. knockkneed's rating of the film Austenland

endless laughs, like, SO many laughs

15. Artemis's rating of the film Austenland

I unabashedly enjoyed this. I have no qualms.

16. kacey's rating of the film Austenland

(2.5) So much secondhand embarrassment, but I wouldn't be shocked if I watched parts of it again if it showed up on pay cable. Because I guess that's who I am.