1. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

If you liked In a Lonely Place and it's double-guessing melodrama, you'll appreciate this. Contrary to other reviewers I found it expertly directed, with composition among its stronger points. It takes longer than Ray's movie to get into the fun psychodrama and that's a faltering point. Or maybe I just don't care for love scenes.

2. Laura Suffield's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

3. P Teddy Sawyer's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

Californian typist living in a rented 'chalet' cannot afford to attend a musical concert but has access to superb medical attention and the 'one of the best psychiatrists in the country' who successfully mends her broken lover. A later generation discovered the horror of experiments carried out on mental patients garnered to the system by M.D.s. Aldrich was a member of the Rockefeller family !! Clinton apologised .

4. SamSalt's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

By my calculation Crawford was 50 and Robertson 31 but they look the same age to me! A great melodrama and who wouldn't fall helplessly in love with Joan Crawford?

5. Superfrog's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

Great acting from the female lead but the plot is a bit underfocussed for the type of story. Which is a shame as when it does psychological tension right, it does it surprisingly well.

6. 'king Harold's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

Joan’s acting is incredible,also her horrible hairstyle and Lorne Greene’s trousers,great advert for electro-shock therapy

7. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

Joan Crawford and Cliff Robertson work well together in this enjoyable melodrama, the former playing a lonely woman who falls for the latter before discovering that he may have some hidden... issues. The direction from Robert Aldrich is just fine for the material and the script is a serviceable work, lifted by the leads.

8. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

A tender yet terrifying film of love unfolding between two unsuspecting parties. Joan Crawford is the unshakeable, unshatterable heart of this film, and through her the viewer is pushed to face the fear of loving again. The film's sympathies swing to and away from her, and as a document of the psychiatry of the time it's truly horrific. An amazing film in many ways.

9. chloe's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

very stylishly done. beautiful cinematography and set design. almost like a richard yates novel come to life. I loved the 50s flavour of this film. the storyline is curious and probably would be interesting to study on some film course about psychology and neurosis in 50s cinema. not sure what it's trying to say exactly.

10. gld48's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

Joan Crawford is great in this, especially when her husband smashes her hand with a typewriter

11. Tim Winter's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

Marvellous. The bastard child of Sirk and Fuller

12. Tja's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

Joan Crawford looks strangely masculine in profile,(jus' sayin') but boy can she act. Without her, this rather uneven melodrama would disintegrate under the lack of pressure emanating from its slow pace and improbable relationships.Love the opening tune sung by Nat King Cole, "But I miss you most of all, my darling..." when you're in the sanatorium. On reflection, it's creepy.

13. Diderot's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

It starts out as a very good movie about loneliness and fantasy, but it very quickly devolves into an exercise in cheap psychology. However, I can't stress enough the beauty of seeing Joan Crawford, in 1956, ask the most perfect question of her career: "Am I a neurotic need?" Cliff Robertson is also just so darn cute.

14. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

15. Aardsy's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

Who can resist fucking Lorne Greene?

16. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Autumn Leaves

I loved the flashback in the concert room, very modern. And Vera Miles who can play angel and demon during the same scene. A DVD zone 'Help me, Freud!'

17. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

18. elenagallen's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT!

19. JD Tastad's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

Wow. must i say Joan Crawford lol really consummating my gayness in this one/ very unexpected turns, a kind of progressive conservativism I can get behind tbh......

20. jimmymarkum's rating of the film Autumn Leaves

Not my favorite melodrama ... and whatever I write about it, you'll find it better if you watch it ***1/4