1. Giacomo Pozzi's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

2. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

3. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

4. Gerdrût's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

"The daughter shall inherit the mother’s injuries. The daughter shall suffer for the mother’s failures. The unhappiness of the mother shall be the daughter’s unhappiness. It’s as if the umbilical cord had never been cut. Is that how it is? Is the daughter’s unhappiness the mother’s triumph? Is my grief your secret pleasure?"

5. Dako's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

6. Diderot's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

Two of the greatest faces in film history meet and have a tortured late-night conversation about the ways parents destroy their children.

7. Marina C.'s rating of the film Autumn Sonata

"Eva: The mother's injuries are to be handed down to the daughter. The mother's failures are to be paid for by the daughter. The mother's unhappiness is to be the daughter's unhappiness. It's as if the umbilical cord had never been cut..." How brillantly, how magnificently does Bergman express the complexities of aching love and maddening hatred between mother and daughter. Theatrical and wretched in its honesty.

8. Pierre.F's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

Film magnifique. Une torture psychologique parfaitement orchestrée.

9. anacecil's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

Muy buena !!! Estudia los sentimientos d efamilai, entra en el lama de cada uno, interesante intropección !!! Muy buenso actores y dirección !!!

10. redux's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

Ingrid: "I liked how you just... butchered that sonata." Liv: "I used to hate you. But now I just... hate you." Ingrid (later on the train): "Where is my mascara?" Liv (screaming primally, while helping the poor): "Mama!"

11. cansu m's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

memorable, relatable, heartwarming, heartbreaking etc.

12. FISCHER's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

Attention chef-d'oeuvre ! www.cinefiches.com

13. alice's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

Igieniche confessioni notturne per dispiegare le sfumature d'amore/odio/dolore di un'infinita scala cromatica. Le parole delle due splendide attrici protagoniste, furie volteggianti in una cornice teatrale, rivelano quanto a fondo Bergman si sia spinto nella sua volontà di capire.

14. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

Tight chamber piece but not claustrophobic as it pulls focus through light and shade in a broken mother-daughter relationship. Uniformly splendid in performance and technical craft and perhaps a more benign tearing of the human flesh from this Director.

15. ermete polpette's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

16. Chiara_WinterGarten's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

17. Blue Roses's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

18. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

not Bergman's best film, but possibly his most beautifully composed from a visual standpoint

19. La quinta luna's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

20. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

21. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

22. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

23. lIZUKA's rating of the film Autumn Sonata

That's not a comfortable movie, but it isn't meant to be. Really difficult, but that difficulty is what makes it rewarding.

24. Lintang A.'s rating of the film Autumn Sonata

"My biggest obstacle is I don't know who I am. I grope blindly. If anyone loves me as I am I may dare at last to look at myself.."