1. ionu's rating of the film Ava

2. MarcusArcus's rating of the film Ava

3. Anca.'s rating of the film Ava

4. P D Dawson's rating of the film Ava

The tug and pull of adolescence versus adulthood with the complication of the onset of blindness. Ava, played by Noée Abita, is a young woman robbed of her adolescence due to her worsening eyesight. Eventually, crimes sprees, alienation from her mother, and the love of a rebellious young man is her way of dealing with her reality. Great acting and directing ensure this films power to move us and have empathy for Ava.

5. Machupi's rating of the film Ava

Great first film and more over from a student from la Femis <3

6. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Ava

A wild howl against complacency which is at once both life-affirming and pretty fucked up! Like if John Darnielle rewrote 'À bout de souffle' and got Walerian Borowczyk to direct it. One of those films that, while watching it, feels like the only film in existence. It's also a film that I can only imagine being made in France. A fairytale for criminals who know that the only true crime is being boring!

7. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film Ava

8. G.'s rating of the film Ava

9. Aydin KhaliliK's rating of the film Ava

10. apexcactus's rating of the film Ava

Just what a wonderful movie, there are more than a few moments of absolute magic in this film, an absolute must watch on my list.

11. mis marg's rating of the film Ava

12. Sara Delshad's rating of the film Ava

13. 絵莉's rating of the film Ava

so beautiful but shes 13 hes 18. what pain more do you want extracted from me? to justify this? tell me, the writer only. anyone else don't waste your putrid breath.

14. Francisco Ortega's rating of the film Ava

Maravillosa película. La naturalidad con que la actriz protagonista interpreta su papel solo es comparable a la propia del desarrollo de la película a partir de una premisa trágica que se aprovecha como un verdadero canto a la vida.

15. ionete.catalin's rating of the film Ava

I liked Ava so much. Not sure why. It is beautifully shot, yes. Acting is great, yes. The story somehow reaches very deep inside. But this is not why I liked it. I have no idea why I liked it so much. It has that, how the French say it, je ne sais quoi.

16. Muriel's rating of the film Ava

BADLANDS with a gypsy wedding. It has its moments - e.g. the gorgeous split-screen sequence with Ada & friend as beach highwaymen. If only the main plot were as adventurous as Ava herself...

17. Robert H's rating of the film Ava

A captivating and cheerful coming of age film dealing with an interesting ailment in quite a complex way. And although Ava does feel like a mixture of films at times but the direction is surpurb and wonderfully placed.

18. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Ava

An interesting, slightly different, look at adolescence, with a central character who finds out that she is losing her eyesight. Her mother determines to give her the best summer ever, while she plans to create her own selection of memorable moments. Decent performances make up for some of the more muddled ideas, and there are a lot of wonderful individual moments.

19. Bekriah M's rating of the film Ava

20. guillermo's rating of the film Ava

Extraordinary film about light. An abstract centre, light. Less abstract circles around that centre. Life, becoming adult, sexuality, mother-daughter love-hate, romantic love, civilization and ludic anarchism. Concrete circles around the abstract centre: light and its counterpart, blindness. Noée Abita, great acting, intense and hipnotic. Wonderful cello music.

21. Salvador Díaz's rating of the film Ava

22. Ilya Zverev's rating of the film Ava

God I love european cinema. No fighting, no shouting, no heroes with many faces. I feel like I've spent a day at a beach. The music here is wonderful indeed.

23. Amy Cavender's rating of the film Ava

This film is aesthetically beautiful and captures some profound and heart-warming moments. From the outset it is clear this film could go in any direction - the plot lost pace at certain points and at times Ava seems to distant a protagonist. That said, perhaps this is part of the film's charm and heightens the key theme of teenage bewilderment.

24. David R Williams's rating of the film Ava

This is why I make movies. To make one like this...so true, so beautiful, so exact, so much longing, so much bravery in the face of coming obstacle, so warm and loving and heartbreaking...perfect.

← Previous 1 3 4