1. 2multo's rating of the film Avé

Subtle and beautiful. Avé's character is timeless.

2. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Avé

(3.5 stars) The movie walks the line of falling into a really depressing place, but never really sinks completely. The strength of the main actors carries us through. Anjela Nedyalkova in particular is extremely likable in her grifter-like character. I'm not sure there is a lot to be taken away from this film, but it is a pretty engaging ride throughout.

3. Nan Bauer's rating of the film Avé

Lovely, quiet road movie. The connection between lies and escape was nicely handled. The two kids in the lead are terrific, and it's beautifully shot and scored.

4. Superfrog's rating of the film Avé

Different takes on life collide, what is better. Lies that make life go on or facing reality all the time?

5. salviggo@gmail.com's rating of the film Avé

The dialogues tell part of the story but the silences and the lies, tell the whole life of the characters. Amazing.

6. Ludovic72's rating of the film Avé

Ce road movie bulgare empreint d'une grande mélancolie ne manque vraiment pas de charme. Les situations, les personnages et les acteurs sonnent juste, les paysages brumeux et les intérieurs décatis participent bien à l'atmosphère languissante et désabusée de l'histoire. Dans ce monde en crise, la jeunesse se cherche dans la fuite, à défaut de vraies perspectives. La mise en scène reste trop conventionnelle. (3,5 / 5)

7. Jean Defrance's rating of the film Avé

Scénario original, film attachant.

8. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film Avé

"What's so heroic about living?"

9. tristanetyseut's rating of the film Avé

We fall for Avé, along with the young man. A modern Manon Lescaut!

10. stopyunn's rating of the film Avé

11. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Avé

It didn't quite hit me even though I enjoyed the sober grey-blue mood and the evolving depressive entanglement between characters and their environment. Also nice composition to look at, formed with odd cars and open cloudy rural landscapes in which this destructive romanticism inhabited by the characters could find its echo.

12. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Avé

3.5. The story is simple but nice. How they meet and their relationship develops is interesting. The acting is nice too.

13. captainfez's rating of the film Avé

Hitchhiking to funerals sucks. Quelle surprise.

14. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Avé

do you believe everything?

15. lonerwithwine's rating of the film Avé

Lovely melancholic photography and narrative, quite slow at times but not tediously so.

16. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Avé

Strange and quite depressing road movie. The relation between the two main characters grows very slowly, as she keeps lying about everything. She is both beautiful, mysterious, annoying, childish at the same time. I was curious to see what bulgarian cinema would be like. It has its own atmosphere, do not compare it to the neighbours.

17. henk@loftmatic.com's rating of the film Avé

Final score: 7. Storyline: 8, Originality: 7, Cinematography: 8, Involvement: 7, Sound: 7, Editing: 7, Educational: 8, Title design: 7, Acting: 8, Interesting: 8, Unusual: 8, Exciting: 7, Superior: 7

18. Quattro's rating of the film Avé

Nothing particularly brilliant, mostly forgettable actually, but I was in the right mood and I got exactly what I expected. It has its lame moments (I admit I skipped a couple whiny scenes in Ruse, and the ending didn't conclude anything at all) but some beautiful ones, too: I really liked how their relationship started out, and evolved. And – well, it always helps having as a main character a pretty face like that.

19. hellobonjour's rating of the film Avé

20. FISCHER's rating of the film Avé

Une première oeuvre bulgare plutôt attachante, dépositaire d'une diffuse mélancolie existentielle, sous forme de road-movie débonnaire qui permet de croquer quelques personnages épars en bordure de leurs déficiences relationnelles, à travers les confrontations souvent heurtées avec notre singulier couple en persistances errance / déshérence, vers des lendemains désenchantés... www.cinefiches.com

21. fearraigh's rating of the film Avé

The subject matter is run-of-the-mill European art house stuff but Bojanov's skilled handling make this a very creditable debut. Nedialkova and Torasian bring a poignant lassitude to the lead roles.

22. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Avé

A plot with dashing ideas, yet without a glamorous execution. Review: http://www.alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.pt/2012/09/ave-2011.html

23. rado's rating of the film Avé

24. Matt Richards's rating of the film Avé

Two strangers hiding guilt and sorrow meet on the road whilst hitch-hiking. They then begin a journey together towards facing their own truths. It's a low-budget, simple story told well. 3 stars