1. Vickie Retallick's rating of the film Awakenings

Amazing acting from De Niro. Really amazing and yet we are still so far from understanding encephalitis lethargica (sleeping sickness)

2. -REM-'s rating of the film Awakenings

3. yakimo's rating of the film Awakenings

the story itself already giving you that hint of indescribable sadness, i feel a bit depressed knowing all the patients later coming back to the state where they were before after being healed/awaken just for awhile.. really great depressing Hollywood movie.. though a bit uncanny.

4. Erica __'s rating of the film Awakenings

5. skoog's rating of the film Awakenings

great shit for the pharmacy industry

6. Jim Fear's rating of the film Awakenings

7. Mia Khaleesi's rating of the film Awakenings

Prepare to cry, prepare yourself for crying your eyes out multiple times through the movie.

8. banu's rating of the film Awakenings

9. Marco Izner's rating of the film Awakenings

10. Charlie Boisvert's rating of the film Awakenings

11. Joey Wright's rating of the film Awakenings

One of the few Robin Williams films I had never seen. Happy to say now I have.

12. Trunfos's rating of the film Awakenings

13. claudiaaraujo's rating of the film Awakenings

"What we do know is that, as the chemical window closed, another awakening took place; that the human spirit is more powerful than any drug - and THAT is what needs to be nourished: with work, play, friendship, family. THESE are the things that matter. This is what we'd forgotten - the simplest things."

14. Pedro C. Alencastro's rating of the film Awakenings

It's touching from the beginning to the end. Good to see a sad ending with a life lesson behind it

15. Zach Closs's rating of the film Awakenings

The goosebumps when De Niro smiles for the first time...

16. OwainCai's rating of the film Awakenings

A very poignant film, even more so watching it so soon after Robin Williams' passing. A must watch.

17. galuh indri's rating of the film Awakenings

"People have forgotten what life is all about. They've forgotten what it is to be alive. They need to be reminded. They need to be reminded of what they have and what they can lose. What I feel is the joy of life, the gift of life, the freedom of life, the wonderment of life!" -Leonard Lowe

18. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Awakenings

A film with undyingly poignant performances that left this viewer in tears more than one during its duration. The film may be over two decades old, but both Robert De Niro and Robin Williams are fantastic as patient and doctor, going through a tale that more or less mirrors the happiness and sadness of life itself -- yet providing a much needed glimpse for encephalitis patients of how beautiful life can be.

19. Harry Rossi's rating of the film Awakenings

Some cheesy lines here and there but overall a very rewarding film. The acting from WIlliams and DeNiro is both wonderful and story is fascinating. Had the film had some more interesting shot selections, then it might fully grabbed me but overall I have to say I liked it a lot. The ending is very sad.

20. joey Noodles's rating of the film Awakenings

Wonderful film with some of William's best performances and one of De Niro's most underrated

21. Ckatan's rating of the film Awakenings

Excelente actuaciĆ³n tanto de De Niro como de Robin WIlliams.

22. StellaWasaDiver's rating of the film Awakenings

"The human spirit is more powerful than any drug, and THAT is what needs to be nourished!"

23. Kirby's rating of the film Awakenings

I loved just about every bit of this film. The music, the writing, the acting, the emotion, it's all there.

24. john barry bornstein's rating of the film Awakenings

Bert, in his purple haze of comatose, is down with the Jimmy Hendrix.