1. bitterMoo's rating of the film Away from Her

2. smokescreen's rating of the film Away from Her

"Just as you've always looked... Direct and vague. Sweet and ironic."

3. denny's rating of the film Away from Her

This is perhaps my favorite film that I have seen during the 11 years that I have attended the Toronto Film Festival. It's amazing that some one as young as Polley could direct such veterans as Christie and Pinsent. They were brillant.

4. Adam GR's rating of the film Away from Her

I think this film's merits were lost on me, or maybe I'm too avid of a Julie Christie fan to see her through Gordon Pinsent's eyes. Clinical, distant, sad, elusive. I wish I knew her more. Not strong enough for me, Sarah Polley.

5. Robert Regan's rating of the film Away from Her

Many cinephiles may not yet have read Alice Munro, this year's Nobel Prize winner for Literature. While waiting to pick up one of her books, you should take a look at Away From Her, Sarah Polley's brilliant adaptation of Munro's story The Bear Came Over the Mountain.

6. ramosbarajas's rating of the film Away from Her

The story itself is moving. But the story arc is not as developed as it could be. The characters develop along fine, but the story line is rather underwhelming. The events could have been explored more deeply, or at least edited differently. The performances from the whole cast were spot-on. It was a great ensemble. They hit many perfect notes.

7. Mikhael Tarigan's rating of the film Away from Her

what really great is the fact that Polley made this compelling drama with such great acting in such a young age.

8. SALESK's rating of the film Away from Her

Pinsent will dismantle you piece by piece. Very good, very sad.

9. rorydean's rating of the film Away from Her

When I found out Polley was directing this film I immediately added it to my must watch list. I've followed her career for some time in front of the camera (she was amazing in The Sweet Hereafter - Atom Egoyian's finest, perhaps) and found her directorial debut a solid film, though scarce, a minimalist character film about a troubling subject matter that doesn't always set well with the masses.

10. Canaletto's rating of the film Away from Her

Although the climax of the film is at the beginning of the second act, Polley is able to maintain a steady and congruent delivery of emotions. Away from her is one of the few recent, contemporary north american movies worth watching. One of the several films that had me in tears

11. Olufunlayo's rating of the film Away from Her

Exquisite! A remarkable film.