1. FISCHER's rating of the film Babette's Feast

Malgré un certain humour, une minutieuse description de l'humilité, d'une vie consacrée aux oeuvres de bienfaisance, on reste finalement sur sa faim. Un comble ! www.cinefiches.com

2. Giulia Galbarini's rating of the film Babette's Feast

3. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Babette's Feast

My heart goes out to Bibi, every wrinkle on her face, and her crazy eyes. Here's the thing about (bougie) fetishism - when it is working, even knowledge of it is not enough to stop its effects. Hence I relent, relinquish, and rejoice in the delights of northern European homogeneity. It's all so patient. And also very funny.

4. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film Babette's Feast

5. anadyomene's rating of the film Babette's Feast

I want the kitchen, with pale blue walls, green glass jugs, beautiful copper saucepans, tiny blue cabinet, unglazed earthenware (the cute little soup pot!). And oh the big jar of cherries, preserved in sugar syrup. I can understand how people who survived on unsalted soup, soaked dry fish and hard bread for decades are terrified of a lavish feast, but it's still get me pissed. Thank God Lorens was there.

6. richardlawrn's rating of the film Babette's Feast

Each scene has its very own astounding colour palette and I am so in love with the tints and shades of blue and orange. Beautiful story about a hurt woman, but with a giant heart. 5 stars aren't enough for this masterpiece.

7. Sara Marques's rating of the film Babette's Feast

8. Zach Closs's rating of the film Babette's Feast

I've found it to be a surefire favourite among more than a few blockheads with delusions of cultural literacy (the kind of folks who consider "subtitled movies" to be a genre). This speaks to the film's clarity, sure, but also its simplicity. I'm probably wrong here, but I found nothing about it particularly compelling or unique.

9. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Babette's Feast

I could do without the turtle soup-- the eucharistic metaphor would still be tasty.

10. QuincyArthur's rating of the film Babette's Feast

they don't get food network in villages they don't needem

11. Evelpides's rating of the film Babette's Feast

Magnifique ! D'une grande sensibilité.

12. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Babette's Feast

An austere, spiritually warm drama. Definitely worth checking out.

13. Dan's rating of the film Babette's Feast

It left me sobbing hysterically in an airplane lavatory. Yes, flight attendant, I'm alright.

14. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Babette's Feast

Un filme apasionante a medida que avanza. Esa regresión sobre el historial (romántico) de las hermanas ocultas en un hogar danés aferrado a la fe, es fundamental para poder comprender la madurez de sus personajes. Esas palabras de un jubilado tenor en una carta y un veterano de guerra durante una despedida, emociona, así como la disciplina de la ex cocinera. Hay pasión y dedicación en un artista, y también espíritu.

15. Damian's rating of the film Babette's Feast

Patience is a virtue, and it is ever so true when watching this gem.

16. Camilla Dalla Bona's rating of the film Babette's Feast

Good movie with almost fairytale tones.

17. ugur's rating of the film Babette's Feast

18. Angelika Arman's rating of the film Babette's Feast

Sweet little fable about the senses showing the spirit heaven on earth.

19. Bekir Tonga's rating of the film Babette's Feast

20. Pymo's rating of the film Babette's Feast

21. sister chromatid's rating of the film Babette's Feast

Slow paced, moody colours, and a solid stream of beautiful shots, (and lots of neat knitwear to look at). Just how I likes it.

22. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Babette's Feast

for everyone who makes food their religion

23. Enric Sarrado's rating of the film Babette's Feast

It's a nice movie. At some points it almost looks like a Lars Von Trier comedy... Worth watching.

24. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Babette's Feast

review at my blog: http://lasttimeisawdotcom.wordpress.com/2014/02/28/babettesfeast1987/