1. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Backcountry

2-3. Unfortunately, the ending renders an early scene about a sexual tug-of-war over the heroine virtually moot. The movie's true intentions are essentially a simple survival story wherein one human escapes the deadly forces over nature, and there's not a whole lot to say about. It looks okay, it's acted perfectly fine. I would say that qualifying it as 'horror' would seem to be pushing it a bit, but it's whatever.

2. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Backcountry

3. A:A's rating of the film Backcountry

Not enough bear. Too much wedding ring.

4. Justwibi's rating of the film Backcountry

for the first debut as director, Adam McDonald already have a style. I like this movie. mixing something but very smooth and enjoy. and the character just very had a great chemistry and very loveable.

5. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Backcountry

I couldn't get over what an unconvincing jackass that boyfriend was. No human being goes hiking when they're a child and comes back years later thinking they don't need a map. I also found myself cracking up every time that bear attacked, which probably wasn't the audience response the director was going for.

6. abyantama's rating of the film Backcountry

underrated. #beruangbangsad

7. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Backcountry

It builds its couple with proper dimension, but the best scene is a riff on two males at ends for a woman's affection. This moment echoes Polanski's Knife in the Water, yet we don't side with Eric Balfour's macho character, so it's uncomfortable and tense. The rest of Backcountry--even the bear scenes-- is an ordinary survival film that's not as tense as that confrontation and has nothing new to say, either.

8. msmichel's rating of the film Backcountry

A good debut for young director Adam MacDonald that when concentrating on its very Canadian man vs nature elements creates an overcoming feeling of dread but the film unfortunately gets of course when it becomes predator vs prey instead. Atmospheric and suspenseful before giving in to genre conventions. Star Missy Peregrym is most excellent however giving the exercise some real cojones.

9. vordven's rating of the film Backcountry

10. andretz's rating of the film Backcountry

11. f-nanda's rating of the film Backcountry

12. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Backcountry

13. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Backcountry

“Backcountry” doesn’t really break new ground, however, its story is solidly built in a crescendo, what is another point in favor. (3.5 stars)