1. David R Williams's rating of the film Bad Day to Go Fishing

Variety gets it right in the intro to their review: "A quirky film noir cum dark comedy featuring a washed-up wrestler, his hoodwinking manager and a forlorn South American town circa 1961." even if the rest of the review is less than stellar. Great performances and a storyline that pulls you along and keeps you wondering just how deep a hole will these fellows dig for themselves. Unexpected ending - always good that

2. Doug's rating of the film Bad Day to Go Fishing

Not about the wrestling, fool

3. Christofer Aniel's rating of the film Bad Day to Go Fishing

The film starts off slow. Jacob and Orsini are not very likeable, but are relatable in that we have all fell from our former glory at one point in our lives. Even though it follows the former wrestling champion and his manager I found myself divided on who should win. The film picks up momentum, in the last third of the movie, to give a fitting ending for everyone involved in the wrestling match. Exceptional acting.

4. Blake Stefansen's rating of the film Bad Day to Go Fishing

Starring Gary Piquer as a famous strongman seeking a reputation in Santa Maria, Bad Day to Go Fishing is a movie that attempts to keep the audience engaged to the end. Encompassing the role of Jacob Van Oppen, Jacob's manager seeks to earn a living by providing matches for Jacob, until a contestant can test Jacob's reputation. The film's strongest suit is building up a wrestling match that leaves you wanting more.

5. Saar's rating of the film Bad Day to Go Fishing

This is an excellent film. Well shot, interesting, like-able characters.

6. Ashley Baker's rating of the film Bad Day to Go Fishing

A new take on the classic down-and-out hero tale. The story itself has some surprises along the way but for the most part is predictable. The main difference is both the setting of Latin America and the action of small-time amateur wrestling. Overall, a bit long and not as thrilling as one would think from the subject matter.

7. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Bad Day to Go Fishing

Nothing groundbreaking here... unless you count that big dude throwing people onto the ground! HA! This is a small film that is VERY well shot and has some nice cinematic moments. Solid acting throughout as well. Loved the ending.

8. saitosouta's rating of the film Bad Day to Go Fishing

9. Alessio Trerotoli's rating of the film Bad Day to Go Fishing

10. marcello ferrero's rating of the film Bad Day to Go Fishing

The heroes of the movie are a wrestling champion in DDR before the Fall of the Wall and a noble from an ancient Siena family. The mucical leit motive is Lili Marleen. In spite of the unexpected happy ending, the movie, in the road-movie mainstream, is a nostalgic, melancholic homage to losers striving to defend their dreams.

11. Movoco Synthaca's rating of the film Bad Day to Go Fishing

12. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Bad Day to Go Fishing

Good, not great, take on attempting to hustle the rubes when you're well beyond your glory days and things just don't go as smoothly as they ought.

13. Jonas Silgalis's rating of the film Bad Day to Go Fishing

Amazing and very original film. One that makes you believe in magic of cinema.

14. Timothy Phillips's rating of the film Bad Day to Go Fishing

This film held my attention, entertained me and gave me a flavour of small-town Uruguay.