1. Sara Lucas's rating of the film Bad Education

2. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Bad Education

This one really does have a twisty nature worthy of Hitchcock. That aside, the outright audaciousness of lengths characters will go to get what they want is the best thing about this film. Sadly, however, Enrique doesn't serve as much more than a framing POV for the audience. His distinctive characterization is essentially lost in Ignacio (whose backstory's iffy), funny enough. But the film's engaging, overall.

3. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Bad Education

Where the Almodovar confidence in constructing an assured sheen over a patchwork of less convincing elements shows. The mechanics of parallel, then overlapping 'realities', are more interesting than the familiar themes of identity and abuse of power. There's a sense of treading water here, but never less than vividly poised; although the idiomatic flourishes of vernacular Spanish are lost to this non-fluent speaker.

4. P D Dawson's rating of the film Bad Education

A brilliantly executed film with the nuances of atmosphere and tone you'd expect from Almodóvar.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Bad Education

Emouvant et radical à la fois, le superbe dernier film de Pedro Almodovar, fort mal apprécié par les cotonneux et moralistes milieux traditionnalistes hispaniques, mérite toute notre considération pour l'évidente maîtrise cinématographique qui se dégage de cette oeuvre teintée d'une fugace sérénité... www.cinefiches.com

6. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film Bad Education

Almodovar is fearless in his executions. Great effort!

7. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Bad Education

Such a metamodernist approach to filmmaking! It isn't an Almodovar film without the characters interweaving each other's stories. I don't understand why anyone would rate this anything lower than 3 stars with its complexity and stylisticly twisted narrative. A must-see queer film!

8. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Bad Education

A dark, intriguing film about deception, ambition and manipulation. It steps over the boundary into self-indulgence periodically, but it will leave you with a heavy heart and mind.

9. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Bad Education

The less you know about this film before taking a plunge into it the better. With this film (the third I've seen from him) I now understand the genius of Pedro Almodóvar's exquisite films.

10. Fabiha's rating of the film Bad Education

"A trickle of blood divided my forehead in two. I had a feeling the same thing would happen with my life. It would always be divided and I couldn't help it."

11. arcondicionado's rating of the film Bad Education

I WANT TO LOOK AT GAEL GARCÍA BERNAL'S FACE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE

12. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Bad Education

One of Almodovar's most rigorous films: stories within stories, identities within identities. Often times, it's hard to discern a point in his endings other than the points along the way: a genuine love of outsiders, a lust for life, and an even greater lust for fiction. This one is about how tangling the last two can get downright dangerous, and his abiding theme is the strange routes that life takes.

13. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Bad Education

when I was 18 I got six wisdom teeth pulled at once and watched like eight of Almodovar's films back to back in a deluded, Vicodin-induced dream-state. I remember nothing about this film except it was my favorite one

14. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Bad Education

15. bibonoaozora's rating of the film Bad Education

16. belemir's rating of the film Bad Education

17. Nacho's rating of the film Bad Education

18. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film Bad Education

Amazing story, amazing screenplay. Gael García Bernal is great and his acting is phenomenal! A melodrama, that just like Almodóvar, does not let you down.

19. Cherry's rating of the film Bad Education

Gael deserved many more awards for this

20. richardlawrn's rating of the film Bad Education

it confuses and intrigues you and it turns out to be a sadder love story than you'd thought it was at first.

21. bangtan's rating of the film Bad Education

my first almodóvar and i thoroughly enjoyed it. a lot of people seem to have liked the quote where ignacio talks about losing faith but my favourite was "a trickle of blood divided my forehead into two. i had a feeling that the same thing would happen with my life it would always be divided" along with the scene that went with it. that in particular was clean and stunning. to me.

22. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film Bad Education