1. Noah Friedman's rating of the film Bamboozled

Poignant, biting and ugly in content, visual style and editing.

2. film_lies101's rating of the film Bamboozled

Maligned and mostly understood when it was first released in an era of neo-liberalism & political correctness. Time has finally caught up to Lee's vision, as heartbreaking and horrifying as statement sounds

3. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Bamboozled

A necessarily ugly film about far, far uglier truths. It's sometimes messy, hectoring and on-the-nose, but it's rare to see a film so righteously angry and with good cause. Bruising. I felt like the white schmucks in the audience for the hideous "Man Tan" anxiously stealing looks at their black friend in their self-serving need for approval and reassurance that they are laughing at the right things. A fair cop.

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Bamboozled

Watched it for Savion Glover. An amazing talent.

5. Molly Epstein's rating of the film Bamboozled

6. msmichel's rating of the film Bamboozled

Spike Lee's millennial attack/satire on black media potrayal in modern America and black portrayal in cinema history. The film was a hard watch in 2000 and still has the power to enrage today. Have things gotten better? The WB, UPN, Tyler Perry ........ One wishes things would change. Great satire by Lee, amazing music score by Blanchard, great look by Ellen Kuras.

7. jamesfrancisburns's rating of the film Bamboozled

Awesome. Even with the somewhat shoddy acting.

8. Hani's rating of the film Bamboozled

However, I'd have preferred if he directed the show itself without making a film about the making of that show. It would have been more shocking and provocative.

9. Cesar Vega R.'s rating of the film Bamboozled

Incomodísima. Spike Lee más provocador que nunca.

10. Harry Rossi's rating of the film Bamboozled

The story kept me interested enough and I thought what Lee tried to say was interesting and thought provoking but it was filled with so much anger that I had trouble enjoying it (and the ending was kind of horrible). Also the acting was really bad and so were the visuals. Overall I'd say interesting writing but poor filmmaking.

11. Hunter Duesing's rating of the film Bamboozled

Even though it loses its grip on the story as it moves along, Spike Lee's commentary on black-themed TV is thought provoking, and full of memorable and disturbing sequences.