1. Aaron C Jones's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

Godard's Anna Karina films are his best (imo), and this is a particularly delightful example. Also among his most accessible films (along with Breathless and A Woman is a Woman). Lots of fun. The "Madison" scene is one of my favorite in cinema.

2. João Luís Ribeiro's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

3. Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat)'s rating of the film Band of Outsiders

About two guys who act like they're in a gangster movie and a leading female who's in love with love. The idea is that both guys (Frank and Arthur) are in love with her. Frank is a romantic but doesn't know how to woo her, whereas Arthur can flirt easily but he doesn't seek a relationship (unlike Frank). And like most movies, the leading lady ends up with one of them.

4. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

[More like 4.5] I have to admit that the 'story' is not the strongest part of this movie, yet such consideration makes no difference in how moving this movie is. And how inventive: it can sometimes be a bit annoying, but I guess that is what Godard wanted. Characters are interesting and well placed in their attitudes, and the external narrator acts more as a guide between the layers of the movie.

5. Gabriele Malagoli's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

6. eccestefan's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

thoroughly enjoyed this movie and probably one of my favorites

7. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

Feels like a French love letter to American films and Paris but done in a documentary style. It is presented greatly but it is Anna Karina in the female lead that carries the film forward while the two leading men are no way as memorable. Blame it on Jean-Luc if the movie feel improvised, experimental or if things happened by fluke - it probably did.

8. jewelsofglory's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

I would say this is one of my favourite Godard films along with Vivre sa Vie and Les Mepris

9. Zac Weber's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

Definitely one of Godard's most accessible films, even if he breaks about as many "cinematic rules" as he can muster. Of course many of us probably relate to the obsession with old Hollywood flicks.

10. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

11. angelicidea's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

A true classic and possibly one of the most quoted films in history...and deliciously random to boot.

12. Loz Loory's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

Loved the dance scene. Loved the choreography in the café when they change seats. Loved the dog. Sound throughout was insufferably full of static. Entire film tedious, as Franz and Arthur are users and care nothing for how they are about to ruin Odile's life. Tiring to watch Odile manhandled by them. Wish she'd been like Jean Seberg in "Breathless" and called the cops.

13. kinotopia's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

what exactly is so special about this, i may never know

14. FISCHER's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

>>> Septième long métrage de Jean-Luc Godard tourné sur le mode ludique et farfelu, en hommage prononcé au poète Raymond Queneau, qui procure un réel plaisir et permet d'appréhender avec plus de clarté et de compréhension la suite de l'œuvre du metteur en scène bien plus saumâtre, pour virer ensuite à l'ineptie prétentieuse... www.cinefiches.com

15. Naila's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

My first Godard and forever my fave

16. stopyunn's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

Where's my two guys who would dance with me in cafe just like them

17. Rikard Westeman's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

The dance scene and Anna Karina: lovely.

18. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

Every Godard flick is simple, but powerful and poetic. He puts his political view in his filmography and it's simply powerful. His movies are for free spirits, but genuine and brilliant people.

19. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

aquela musiquinha do lou reed: i iii 'm so free ee

20. Marc Saffar's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

J'ai aimé ce film noir burlesque inventif expérimental talentueux à l'énergie juvénile culottée de la Nouvelle Vague en particulier Godard.

21. Trunfos's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

22. orbisalterius's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

23. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

Minute of silence was never so quiet

24. zoerose's rating of the film Band of Outsiders

Godard blurs the lines between modernism and post-modernism, cinema and meta-cinema, cinema as a reference or cinema as a self-referential process. In Band of Outsiders he draws from American B-Gangster movies, and effectively rewrites the gangster movie a la nouvelle vague, for the simple tale of a money robbery by a trio of star crossed lovers.Anna Karina is a sweetheart and the ultimate muse of the French New Wave