1. ceknklsn's rating of the film Baraka

2. vizija's rating of the film Baraka

3. SiIencio's rating of the film Baraka

A film that rearranges your preconceptions about what it is to be human, a film that repositions your place in this world. The marriage of score and images is luminous and strikes a cord deep inside. There is an understated transformative element here, something that lingers within you long after the final credits have rolled.

4. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Baraka

Baraka is the ultimate of the travel-around-the-world non-narrative documentaries because it’s not just a feast to the eyes, but it genuinely is a near-enlightening experience. It shows beauty through all religions, all of the wonders and the miseries of the world.

5. stopyunn's rating of the film Baraka

6. Nachtreich's rating of the film Baraka

7. DSPRKY's rating of the film Baraka

A step down from CHRONOS; the anthropology is too National Geographic for my taste.

8. João Martins's rating of the film Baraka

Sometimes the power of images transcends any kind of words to describe ourselves, our habits, our cultures, our thoughts, our planet. Baraka is a sublime piece of a documentary that shows our world and nature, how we deal with our lives. No critical perspectives here. Just things like they are. Ron Fricke leaves that for our own judgment.

9. C҉ă҉t҉ă҉l҉i҉n҉'s rating of the film Baraka

More of a Coca-Cola commercial than anything else.

10. Graveyard Poet's rating of the film Baraka

Baraka explores Earth's cultures and indicts consumerism and its devastating effects on the environment, poverty in Third World countries, and tribal communities, as well as the aftermath of genocide and war. Eye-opening experience with unforgettable images. Samsara is superior (it moved me even more) but both are must-see masterpieces.

11. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film Baraka

This is what Powaqqatsi/Naqoyqatsi should have been. It takes the methods of Koyaanisqatsi even further. It's absolutely gorgeous, serene and structurally inspiring. I'm a skeptical, but this was the closest to spirituality I've been, so I'd say Baraka is a very apt title. Despite the religious undertone, everyone should watch this.

12. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Baraka

'Baraka' didn't quite captivate my soul in the way that 'Samsara' did, which is surprising because most seem to favor 'Baraka'. Maybe it's because I watched 'Samsara' first? Either way, it's still a gorgeous, breathtaking, awe-inspiring, etc., etc., etc., experience.

13. -REM-'s rating of the film Baraka

14. Leigh Collins's rating of the film Baraka

Beautiful, but not as mesmerising as Koyaanasqatsi

15. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Baraka

16. farisaprilio's rating of the film Baraka

Greatest cinematic experience.

17. elisavegue's rating of the film Baraka

18. smndvdcl's rating of the film Baraka

A transcendent account of the world's charted and uncharted cultures. A perfect introduction to an academic course in Geography.

19. Chris's rating of the film Baraka

Ron Fricke, if you're reading this, just know that I would literally die for you

20. kesurupan's rating of the film Baraka

21. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Baraka

22. pluviosity's rating of the film Baraka

3.5/5 It's certainly not disappointing, but sometimes it felt like watching footage of BBC's Best Picture of The Year.

23. JoãoOliveira's rating of the film Baraka

It's a bittersweet world we live in these days

24. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Baraka