1. DSPRKY's rating of the film Baraka

A step down from CHRONOS; the anthropology is too National Geographic for my taste.

2. João Martins's rating of the film Baraka

Sometimes the power of images transcends any kind of words to describe ourselves, our habits, our cultures, our thoughts, our planet. Baraka is a sublime piece of a documentary that shows our world and nature, how we deal with our lives. No critical perspectives here. Just things like they are. Ron Fricke leaves that for our own judgment.

3. I0000days's rating of the film Baraka

More of a Coca-Cola commercial than anything else.

4. Graveyard Poet's rating of the film Baraka

Baraka explores Earth's cultures and indicts consumerism and its devastating effects on the environment, poverty in Third World countries, and tribal communities, as well as the aftermath of genocide and war. Eye-opening experience with unforgettable images. Samsara is superior (it moved me even more) but both are must-see masterpieces.

5. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film Baraka

This is what Powaqqatsi/Naqoyqatsi should have been. It takes the methods of Koyaanisqatsi even further. It's absolutely gorgeous, serene and structurally inspiring. I'm a skeptical, but this was the closest to spirituality I've been, so I'd say Baraka is a very apt title. Despite the religious undertone, everyone should watch this.

6. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Baraka

'Baraka' didn't quite captivate my soul in the way that 'Samsara' did, which is surprising because most seem to favor 'Baraka'. Maybe it's because I watched 'Samsara' first? Either way, it's still a gorgeous, breathtaking, awe-inspiring, etc., etc., etc., experience.

7. -REM-'s rating of the film Baraka

8. Leigh Collins's rating of the film Baraka

Beautiful, but not as mesmerising as Koyaanasqatsi

9. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Baraka

10. Faris Aprilio's rating of the film Baraka

Greatest cinematic experience.

11. elisavegue's rating of the film Baraka

12. smndvdcl's rating of the film Baraka

A transcendent account of the world's charted and uncharted cultures. A perfect introduction to an academic course in Geography.

13. Chris's rating of the film Baraka

Ron Fricke, if you're reading this, just know that I would literally die for you

14. kesurupan's rating of the film Baraka

15. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Baraka

16. pluviosity's rating of the film Baraka

3.5/5 It's certainly not disappointing, but sometimes it felt like watching footage of BBC's Best Picture of The Year.

17. João Vuvu's rating of the film Baraka

It's a bittersweet world we live in these days

18. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Baraka

19. When the Sun Dies's rating of the film Baraka

20. bouvardila's rating of the film Baraka

It's the nature that connects us all.

21. Niko's rating of the film Baraka

22. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Baraka

Baraka is a treat to a curious eye. It shows the world by its iconicity and reveals at the very same time a local and a global point of view. Some of these images are so beautiful you just gasp and get ran over by them: something to watch with friends by - so you can share that feeling of true wonder: a genuine experience.

23. HAD!L's rating of the film Baraka

it was too staged for my taste. maybe 23 years ago i would've been impressed!

24. T. J. Mesen's rating of the film Baraka

It's undeniably beautiful, but Baraka wants to shine under the false pretense that you can reach the soul of mankind solely by piecing together stunning images of transcendent moments/rituals. Yes we're connected, yes there's much wonder in the world, and then? It parades as a glass full of humanity when really it's only half full. You want humanity? There's plenty of Rossellini doing it better than this.

← Previous 1 3 4