1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Barcelona

Mira Sorvino's accent is so fucking insane, I love her.

2. Muraki's rating of the film Barcelona

a delightful black comedy about friendship & different cultures

3. Diderot's rating of the film Barcelona

Definitely one of the weaker of Stillman's movies, but he's never managed to make one that's not at least somewhat charming. I think Chris Eigeman is one of the best screen stars of the'90s. Even if he's no actor, he delivers Stillman's lines in a way that makes him inexplicably alluring.

4. Blumes's rating of the film Barcelona

I love the nighttime tour of the city, The Glenn Miller sequence is something special, the moment Eigeman gets shot - the shot of him through his car window is memorable. I love the damn thing.

5. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Barcelona

6. Ethan's rating of the film Barcelona

Somehow Whit Stillman got me to actually care about the two most annoying fuckers in Metropolitan in this movie. Even if these are over thinking, entitled white people they do have a lot of heart here and watching them navigate their way through this movie is quite entertaining. Also Mira Sorvino is good in this too.

7. Janae's rating of the film Barcelona

I'm in love with Chris Eigeman.

8. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Barcelona

At least this is not Damsels in Distress but I expected something different.

9. Mohammad Ebrahimian's rating of the film Barcelona

10. Aardsy's rating of the film Barcelona

11. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Barcelona

Una vez más Stillman y una comedia sobre la masculinidad audazmente intelectual, aunque ineficaz cuando se trata de temas de amor. Ahora, su trama es más compleja de lo que parece. Consta también de intrusos en un país durante una época en que su nación adolece de pésima popularidad. Esto a propósito de la seudointelectualidad; razonable, pero también desmesurada. Stillman tiene de las novelas de época y aprendizaje.

12. EdieEmm's rating of the film Barcelona

Neurotic, self-referential first-person narration, in the grand tradition of dialogue-driven white American auteurs (you know the type), with nods to The Graduate and with the contrived awkwardness of Woody Allen, but with neither the style nor the wit to really keep up... Not that charming, not that pretty, not that meaningful, but fine... Neither worse nor better than a 3.

13. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Barcelona

14. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Barcelona

In the end it was all about hamburgers. We got them. And the remarkable Chris Eigeman.

15. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Barcelona

16. rome123456's rating of the film Barcelona

17. thomasjeff16's rating of the film Barcelona

Woman: You can't say Americans are not more violent than other people. Fred: No. Woman: All those people killed in shootings in America? Fred: Oh, shootings, yes. But that doesn't mean Americans are more violent than other people. We're just better shots.

18. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Barcelona

Something is not working here. I liked Damsels in Distress and loved The Last Days of Disco but I almost slept during Barcelona. Why? Maybe because the two main Spanish characters were played by a British and an American actress or maybe because the director didn't mix drama and comedy with enough care here. Already forgotten, alas.

19. smokescreen's rating of the film Barcelona

"What do you call what's above the subtext?" "The text." "Right, well they never talk about that."

20. D/R/W's rating of the film Barcelona

I might have a new favorite Stillman film

21. codyhunter's rating of the film Barcelona

22. Cromm Crúaich's rating of the film Barcelona

I prefer Last Days of Disco & Metropolitan but i still enjoyed it.

23. DSPRKY's rating of the film Barcelona

Probably my least favourite Whit Stillman film, but there are still some great moments in here. Chris Eigeman is a pretty funny guy too.

24. Ghost Dinosaur's rating of the film Barcelona

far too serious, plot heavy, and dramatic to appeal to what i find fun and interesting about stillman. paints his foreign policy commentary with a far thicker brush than the viciously precise irony he usually wields. still, eigeman and stillman are a born pair and the scenes of people standing around having conversations laze about with the same lovely mannered wit that i'm accustomed to, so it's not a total loss