1. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

2. petit astronaute's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

3. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

A impeccably cruel canine comedy, so black even the Coens would balk, but Bong's brilliance is clear even here, in the beginning. Visually dynamic and tonally a real tightrope, he takes the downtrodden men, deadbeat residents and plain dead dogs of this building and turns them into something strangely palatable.

4. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

Non so se siano le inquadrature eccezionali, la narrazione drammatica toccata da un leggero senso ironico oppure la storia del leggendario Boiler Kim, ma trovo il debutto del maestro coreano un lavoro incredibile. Quando hai bene in testa l'idea di cosa vuoi raccontare e di come vuoi raccontarlo, non puoi far altro che sfornare pellicole di questo calibro. Una gioia per gli occhi, un pò meno per i cagnolini.

5. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

6. Arisu's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

it was really funny imao

7. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

I understand the overflow of cinema references: it's a thriller, a dark comedy, a romance, a drama: but somehow it gets lost to me. I like the urban mood and it makes me want to know those places, but at the end I got tired of the conflicting plots. I wish it had more art to it.

8. robin's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

Now I want to measure everything by toiler paper.

9. vxpl's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

A movie filled with irony. Had some cliché moments which were just right for this film. Also enjoyed how it portrayed not only the "dog crisis" but different lives of each character, especially the bits which showed a beautiful friendship between two girls. I never expect a good cinematography from a comedy but this movie was shot wonderfully.

10. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

Cooky debut from one Korea's best. It has a lot of his earlier signatures that we see in his other movies that would come later. Its a damn good time.

11. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

Hilarious, action packed, complex, and at times poignant film. The plot is pretty insane, but full of great cinematic moments and lots of morbidly comic situations. It manages to create empathy and a feeling of real involvement with the characters and the problems they end up facing, even if those problems are often absurdly and darkly humorous.

12. Nick Potter's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

The debut film from Bong Joon-ho is such a terrific little experiment. The story is original and the storytelling itself is incredibly inventive. A director who can make this and then go on to The Host, Mother, Snowpiercer, and others, is certainly a man to be revered and watched closely.

13. Madison Santos's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

Most minimalist Bong Joon-Ho I've seen yet, with a fast rhythm jazz score that I wasn't expecting. Black humor wasn't as apparent here as in The Host, but had its moments. Good thing for that disclaimer at the beginning.

14. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

A wonderful dark slice of absurdism. File it next to The Tenant, only it's better—a Kafkaesque fish tank that all its misfits (frustrated at best, destitute at worst) can swim around in. Unlike Bong's later films, it isn't so easily associated with a genre, thus allowing his view of institutional dysfunction and demented human foibles to carry the show. A strong start.

15. ShawnD's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

An accomplished debut by the director of The Host, Mother and Snowpiercer. This isn't a major work by any stretch but the director shows his inventiveness with his camera, script and soundtrack (the jazz score is a nice touch). Recalls some of the slapstick caper movies from Hollywood in 60s-70s. BDNB would do better about 10 minutes shorter, but it's still fun.

16. Mark Tallo's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

This was a fun movie. It was good to know that no animals were harmed during the filming.

17. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

Not one of Bong's best films but impressive anyway in its stylistic humor, high energy and engaging characters. Simply, it's a fun movie to watch, with all the twists, setups and character eccentricities for which Bong is known. Not a popcorn move though, unless you like your fun laced with dogs getting tossed off roofs or impaled or white pesticide clouds hovering over parks. The ending disappoints.

18. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

19. dan reaves's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

my boo just looked at me like I was crazy when I suggested 3 stars. she wanted 5!! so we went with 4. compromise :) overall, a fun film for a friday night. entertaining and thoughtful.

20. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

A perfect first film. It doesn't need to have grandiose ambitions. It tells the story in an original and stylish way.

21. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

A great film from one of my favorite Korean directors. Interesting story of redemption and forgiveness.

22. Armando's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

Some of the themes of this film will be developed in his later films, the daily life of regular people and the sudden occurrence of heart-breaking, albeit apparently minor, events. This is an original interesting film.

23. jamesey's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

Fun, original, and dark! Korea is making the best films.

24. kampton's rating of the film Barking Dogs Never Bite

Terrific: I love the way Joon=ho builds his stories on people's neuroses and eccentricities. The scene in which the guy tricks granny with the grapefruit and kidnaps her dog is typical of his comedy (and his sense of humor) and I could watch it again and again.