1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

Kubrick's obsessed with the way his movies look. You never see a naked woman looking bad. Which is important. The attention to detail is a reflection of the perfectionism. People quibble over whether Ryan O'Neal was right for the part. Never occurred to me. He has a beauty about him that makes the second half of the movie richer for his tragic downfall.

2. João R's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

An odd case of a magnificent movie that settles for being superficial. The strenuous effort to be gleaming scorned the story and the pace; the novel is simplified to the point of resembling a simple rise and fall tale; characters serve as mere props to move the story; the melancholic tone is achieved by cutting the actions and adding solely emotions; and Barry is left being a passive anti-hero with lack of response.

3. DenoResandono's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

BARRY LYNDON - I think - is director Stanley Kubrick's underrated masterpiece. BARRY LYNDON has taught me a lot about filmmaking. Especially, its cinematography. This movie is one of the kind - where its cinematography really moved the storytelling. In my opinion, the cinematography of BARRY LYNDON talked a lot more than its dialogue. Every scene in this movie is "one perfect shot". BARRY LYNDON is classic!

4. Eliza Lupu's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

5. Lézard's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

6. Luke Lomeli's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

7. HSBilly's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

stop at anytime, anywhere you want, you get a free painting. it is actually writing poetry with light.

8. MistaRichard's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

Should be renamed to: "Barry Lyndon, or Stanley Kubrick's Definition Of Every Frame A Painting."

9. Timo Heuer's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

Zieht sich nach unten heraus etwas, aber toll gemacht. Besonders natürlich die Kerzenlicht-Szenen.

10. FISCHER's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

Dixième oeuvre de Stanley Kubrick qui reste un grand moment de cinéma... www.cinefiches.com

11. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

Hilarious and extremely under-rated. Why does this never get shown on TV? Never seen it shown on TV once in forty years. What a waste! This is one of the best films of the Seventies.

12. vizija's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

I enjoyed every second of the film. The scenes are absolutely gorgeous. You can easily say that Kubrick is flawless director in cinematography. This should be a lesson for all other films.

13. f-nanda's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

Stunning cinematography! Great first act but didn't care enough for the second one. Even tought it has a lot of great characters, they're so awful people that I just wanted everyone to die.

14. arcondicionado's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

this film is a beautiful painting and it humanised all of the beautiful paintings hanging on my grandparents' walls which I used to spend hours starring at. and it humanised a lot of other things for me.

15. Michael Peer's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

Spectacular. We'll never have a film of this caliber again for the simple fact that we'll never have a director operate on the level of Kubrick and not at one who strives for perfection and quality like he did. Barry Lyndon is slower than other Kubrick affairs but each moment is loaded with subtext and thought. This is a dark, honest tale about a man's journey navigating life where each moment is a chess move.

16. AALC's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

Yes, the film is great. Cinematography, scenography, plot, soundtrack, actors... But editing... sorry, no.

17. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

18. smndvdcl's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

19. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

20. James Roth's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

Although it is a visually stunning film and has some great moments, I do think it is flawed. It is overly long in my opinion, it seemed to drag at points with no clear motive, I found myself not really caring about any of the characters even in the heavily emotional scenes. Generally I found it quite dry but the craftsmanship of Kubrick saves it from being a bad movie.

21. João Rocha's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

Every frame is a painting... <3

22. José Neves's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

re-rating. One of the most monotonously repeated axioms in film concerns Kubrick's supposed genius, a filmmaker that from the totalitarian "2001", dedicated himself to do "definitive" genre films. This is The Historical, full of writing's pleonasms and self-inflate uneven reframing zooms, with a matte light loaded with shine. On top, an omnipresent soundtrack in search of the prestigious. Academicism, where art thou?

23. Diogo Pires's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

Absolutely glorious. would be my favorite Kubrick if it wasn't for "2001".

24. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

I tried to like it but found the film so slow that it left me cold. Kubrick film so deserves another attempt soon.