1. Rocco's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

This stately period drama is as hard to pin down as anything Kubrick made, but it’s a far more humane picture than is often remembered. The gauzy interiors and painterly landscapes are intoxicating and the energy feels as if the director were channeling it supernaturally from the very era he’s depicting. A story of fate, a technical showcase, a fleshly wax museum...the film, like life, is at once full and empty.

2. Arf's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

pesone,bello, ma pesone

3. Jim's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

★★★★★/ 35mm / A transcendent miraculous film. A masterpiece. An epic tale of an ordinary opportunist, perfectly played by O’Neal, whose attitudes and choices tragically shape the consequences of his life. A film bathed in pictorial beauty, John Alcott’s stunning cinematography, the way the classical music envelopes and drives the emotions, the harsh critique of wealth and privilege, the deadpan humor… perfection.

4. Maudie Osborne's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

5. MisterColo93's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

6. Kamran Gardashzade's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

7. Daniel Grudsky's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

Masterpiece !......wow.....1975 !!!

8. ig_____or's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

There's a Youtube channel called "Every frame a painting"... that pretty much sums up this film. It doesn't pack the same flare of, let's say, "The Dangerous Liaisons", and the first part can be a little boring, but once Barry gets filthy rich things get more interesting. Lady Lyndon deserved more screen time and development. Another visual dazzle by Kubrick.

9. lbunuel's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

My favorite Kubrick. It always reminds me of the great Brazilian writer Machado de Assis (a sort of Sterne from the tropics, of unrivaled cynicism). When people comment on Lyndon's "beautiful cinematography" or "extraordinary composition" it seems to me that they are complimenting exactly what the film is satirizing: these beautiful surfaces are a joke on "high culture" and the nihilism it conceals. Devastating.

10. Machupi's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

Sorry Barry for all you've been through

11. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

Beautifully decorated in it's landscapes, costumes and locations making this historical drama look like old historic romantic paintings from the period. For once I welcome the use of a narrator as it makes this story feel like a beautiful picture book too. I like the varied and different type of characters that all seem real to me.

12. Madeleine Davis's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

13. jewelsofglory's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

Every frame is a work of 18th century art.

14. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

15. afuchs's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

The least incomprehensible success of S. Kubrick.

16. simona dumitriu's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

17. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

18. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

19. Walker's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

My favorite Kubrick film. It feels like his thesis statement on life as well as being a perfect encapsulation of the time period. Aesthetic perfection that is also funny as hell. 10/10!

20. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

Kubrick's obsessed with the way his movies look. You never see a naked woman looking bad. Which is important. The attention to detail is a reflection of the perfectionism. People quibble over whether Ryan O'Neal was right for the part. Never occurred to me. He has a beauty about him that makes the second half of the movie richer for his tragic downfall.

21. João R's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

An odd case of a magnificent movie that settles for being superficial. The strenuous effort to be gleaming scorned the story and the pace; the novel is simplified to the point of resembling a simple rise and fall tale; characters serve as mere props to move the story; the melancholic tone is achieved by cutting the actions and adding solely emotions; and Barry is left being a passive anti-hero with lack of response.

22. DenoResandono's rating of the film Barry Lyndon

BARRY LYNDON - I think - is director Stanley Kubrick's underrated masterpiece. BARRY LYNDON has taught me a lot about filmmaking. Especially, its cinematography. This movie is one of the kind - where its cinematography really moved the storytelling. In my opinion, the cinematography of BARRY LYNDON talked a lot more than its dialogue. Every scene in this movie is "one perfect shot". BARRY LYNDON is classic!

23. Eliza Lupu's rating of the film Barry Lyndon