1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Basic

Action director John McTiernan joins the forces of old "Pulp Fiction" buddies John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson for a military thriller and adds Danish hottie Connie Nielsen for the ride. To be honest the film feels like a rejected sequel to "The General's Daughter". Ending tries to be surprising but fizzles out to nothing because the story has been full of deception and false starts up to that point.

2. babycakesromero's rating of the film Basic

3. CinemaDead's rating of the film Basic

It was a mess, but it entertained me, that's all i have to say.

4. jonijtr's rating of the film Basic

There's So Many Flaws, But This Movie Is Well Written

5. T. J. Mesen's rating of the film Basic

McTiernan's best along with DH:WaV. It's a play of narrative like Rashomon's (affectionately referenced by the supernatural never-ending rain), openly exploring and questioning the truth of what we see. Yet, it's superior to Kurosawa's by not ending on redemption, but rather exposing the existence of larger narrative controllers that always remain hidden. Also, Travolta was Tom Hardy before Tom Hardy was Tom Hardy ;)

6. Tigrão's rating of the film Basic

Not a great movie, but a very interesting one. I myself love the "story-happening-in-a-single-night-with-flashbacks" structure and the constant rain adds an almost noirish Usual Suspects vibe to the jungle and military world. And as always, McT does a swell job in the director's chair.

7. chanandre's rating of the film Basic

O Deco gosta muito deste filme.

8. Trevor Tillman's rating of the film Basic

McTiernan's masterpiece? I think so, although I haven't seen Nomads or Rollerball. On top of subverting his usual themes and being an excellent love letter to Rashomon (I particularly love the perpetual downpour), it's probably the most cinematic whodunit I've ever seen.