1. Andrew Esson's rating of the film Basquiat

The brief life of Jean Michel Basquiat, a world renowned New York street artist struggling with fame, drugs and his identity.

2. Iulia Antonache's rating of the film Basquiat

3. Jonia Caon's rating of the film Basquiat

4. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Basquiat

A few years back i heard for the first time this name Basquiat in some lyrics wrote by Macklemore. Now it happened again, only this time it was one of A$AP Rocky song and i was very intrigue by this name so i looked into it. Immediately i watched this movie hopin to learn somethin significant about this mysterious individual. The movie should have been more complex.Quite short. Good acting/soundtrack. 7.5/10

5. blkrchs's rating of the film Basquiat

6. ijol's rating of the film Basquiat

This had me at surfing on the sky scenes.

7. smndvdcl's rating of the film Basquiat

There would be no Banksy without Jean-Michel Basquiat. This is a worthy biopic in memory of the post-modern, primal street artist.

8. spasmolytic's rating of the film Basquiat

Brings back fond memories. Ruined now by my disillusionment towards the art world. The ending with the people grabbing the air because their so intoxicated with beauty is fruity button pushing taken way too far. And it wasn't even ironic. Not the kind of subtlety you'd expect of a fine artist like Schnabel.

9. Anna Filodor's rating of the film Basquiat

ЗДЕСЬ — ВСЕ! ❤️

10. miles's rating of the film Basquiat

great soundtrack and set of actors.

11. Le temps perdu's rating of the film Basquiat

Nothing special but Bowie as Warhol is highly entertaining

12. mpho3's rating of the film Basquiat

Quick, name a film starring Bowie, Oldman, Hopper, Parker Posey, Courtney Love, Wilem Dafoe, Christopher Walken, Benecio Del Toro, Paul Bartel, and Tatum O'Neal. And do not forget Jeffrey Wright! 2016 me'd have said no such thing tho I saw it on the big screen during its original run. At the time, I hadn't the foggiest idea who Basquiat was. 20 years later I do, but now my brain is all fog and faulty memory. 3.5

13. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Basquiat

This fell flat for me. The strange drug induced surreal moments were nice, but didn't make much sense in context. I expected more out of such a cast telling the story of such an interesting point of art history. Overall, an okay film experience but it was "enlightening" as a Besquiat movie should've been.

14. Sara T'Rula's rating of the film Basquiat

A lovely little film about an intriguing artist. My affinity for Basquiat's work may influence my enjoyment of this flick. Note: I haven't seen The Radiant Child (the other movie about him).

15. surgery-ethic's rating of the film Basquiat

"When I speak nobody believes me, but when I write it down everybody knows it to be true."

16. Mazingo's rating of the film Basquiat

Maybe this vote isn't for the film but for the artist...but i dont know......and i love jmb

17. Polyglot's rating of the film Basquiat

18. Nathan Goldman's rating of the film Basquiat

quite possibly— https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky8R9DNpEvw

19. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Basquiat

Our Daily Free Stream: Julian Schnabel - Basquiat. Nicht mehr teilzunehmen an der Welt, die innere mahnende Stimme der Vernunft zu vergessen, sich der Malerei hingeben... Jean-Michel Basquiat hat es geschafft, die meiste Zeit seines Lebens nicht teilzunehmen, sich der Malerei hinzugeben... mehr auf cinegeek.de

20. pluviosity's rating of the film Basquiat

felt like so much has been said in the first third part of the film, yet so little in the rest.. Jeffrey Wright was good, but this movie was all about the drama. To understand more about Samo and the 'fame', the Radiant Child is highly recommended.

21. Emily Sirko's rating of the film Basquiat

oh you must simply see The Radiant Child instead.

22. nastya's rating of the film Basquiat

The main role actor is really good

23. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Basquiat

24. alcools's rating of the film Basquiat

Notes: The vapid ''art world'' is as ridiculous as the ''fashion world''. Those fuckers in the restaurant when he meets his ex-girlfriend. The last five minutes made me cry hysterically.