1. lou.'s rating of the film Bassidji

Damn it, I couldn't finish it! As far as I can tell, this was really interesting...

2. guillermo's rating of the film Bassidji

Interesting but too steady. It is probably something about fear or something else related to fear that kept the kinematic language so quiet. The topic is war, but the sequence of images are somehow plenty of peace. It also might be that only the idiographic perspective sheds light into that specific experience.

3. Alexandre Gomide's rating of the film Bassidji

Sadly biased. I felt like he was always trying to make his point, which gets in the way of empathizing with someone. Bending his efforts to show how confusing Their beliefs are ended up backfiring. By watching it I learnt better how not to approach people with whom I disagree.

4. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Bassidji

There's conservatives in Iran. Chocker. A four for the final interview alone, that could've/should've been the entire movie I feel like.

5. Ray Langenbach's rating of the film Bassidji

This analysis of true belief, reflects on all forms of belief.

6. msmichel's rating of the film Bassidji

Unfocused documentary that trots out the same old questions and answers in its examination of Islamic society. Meant to focus on the 'Bassidji' the film loses it way. The most interesting scene is when the subject of women's questions comes up and the open disdain and doctrine shine through. ' Perhaps we should go to another room without the camera and convince you in another way' Even in jest...chilling.

7. Francisco Ortega's rating of the film Bassidji

Creo que lo más fascinante de este documental es lo clara que deja la imposibilidad, llegados a un punto, de cualquier cambio de postura en personas profundamente comprometidas con una ideología. Hay momentos en que al director se le nota cuanto tiene que contenerse ante las continuas interrupciones y salidas retóricas de sus entrevistados. Todo un valioso retrato.

8. DrFirestone's rating of the film Bassidji

A glimpse of the modern history of Iran, its complex political situation and internal struggles. A chilling reminder of how power, politics, and religion can easily become ruthless forces - especially the combination of politics and religion usually creates devastating results. I noticed during the interviews the author had to really think about formulating his questions, so the other people wouldn't go mental.

9. Kamil's rating of the film Bassidji

Cinema verite at its best. Great material for sociological analysis.

10. captainfez's rating of the film Bassidji

Culture shock or lack of form? You decide.

11. nica's rating of the film Bassidji

despite the filmmaker's claims that the film is not meant for the West, the final result seems exactly that? Especially opening up the discussion with that panel of 3 men with the hijab question. I do like his open participation in certain bits, especially the part with the women.

12. sahandmohajer's rating of the film Bassidji

a documentary without vision and direction. Really tragic that the filmmaker wasn't able to find the purpose of his film in the three years that he made it.

13. monica16crista's rating of the film Bassidji

Great documentary. Iran is a world of contrasts and paradox. You get a glimpse of all that through this film.

14. جهادیزو's rating of the film Bassidji

(Unfortunately) as an Iranian I've seen and heard the fascination with questioning or engaging in (safe) dialogue with the authority all my education years, this is one too many. Same old questions, same old answers; mediocre documentary.

15. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Bassidji

A fascinating but fatally formless documentary about Iran's religious militia. Insightful, but structurally slapdash.