1. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Bastard

2. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Bastard

3. DrFirestone's rating of the film Bastard

This short is properly short :) to the point it's actually hard to tell something about it... Well, I liked the music, and certainly the mood is present, we also get to meet the characters, then it's THE END. It definitely is intriguing, I even watched it twice, hoping I missed something the first time; but yes, the film is based around the mystery and the story that is untold.

4. movable's rating of the film Bastard

5. abc's rating of the film Bastard

Beautifully shot, but film left me cold. Interesting comparison of "Mary" now and her insensitive "Joseph"... quirky take on what may or may not be the "virgin Mary". 2.5*

6. captainfez's rating of the film Bastard

7. surgery-ethic's rating of the film Bastard

8. luminous's rating of the film Bastard

I like the low-key, ambiguous style Dunst veils this classic story with. +1 for the beautiful soundtrack.

9. Photosynthesis's rating of the film Bastard

10. Magic Lantern Alison's rating of the film Bastard

I liked the way it is intriguing and explains nothing.

11. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Bastard

12. Marcian's rating of the film Bastard

13. Serena Micieli's rating of the film Bastard

A skinny Mary, a hateful Joseph, 3 lost kings and a fat baby. It could be longer and more clear, but it's a start.

14. Tone Ottilie Frederiksen's rating of the film Bastard

Although Kirsten Dunst seems to be a director with a big talent for composition, style and atmosphere, this film left me with no real emotional respose. In a 5 minute short, you need to make the story more clear and simple.

15. awarewolf's rating of the film Bastard

A wasted 5 minutes of my life.

16. rohatbngl's rating of the film Bastard

17. Steve73's rating of the film Bastard

An exercise in mood and style (cf. Gerry) which unfortunately is too short to be satisfying as a translation of the Nativity story...

18. peterhiller's rating of the film Bastard

19. Cependant's rating of the film Bastard

Introduction sablée sur piano.

20. David Nguyen's rating of the film Bastard

Take away its production values and its celebrity cachet and 'Bastard' reveals itself to be nothing more than a half-baked "what if?" idea that doesn't go anywhere.

21. PFL's rating of the film Bastard

This nativity story (with shades of Cormac McCarthy) contains some well-composed shots and a pleasingly Satie-esque score which lends the picture a sense of enigma. Bodes well for an extended film by Dunst.

22. baptiste's rating of the film Bastard

23. Waadee Krax Seagull's rating of the film Bastard

Short enough to inspire and big enough to show Kirsten's potential as a talented new director.

24. meancreek's rating of the film Bastard