1. Heather Andersen Ower's rating of the film Bastards

2. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Bastards

A confusing and pointless structure

3. Muraki's rating of the film Bastards

4. kubrickhallway's rating of the film Bastards

Denis handles the story in such a hypnotic, engrossing way, that her direction is more interesting than the film itself.

5. Dries's rating of the film Bastards

Lo salva la meravigliosa soundtrack ma per il resto è mediocre come tutto il cinema della denis, la regista più sopravvalutata di sempre

6. ExperimentoFilm's rating of the film Bastards

Initially intriguing, always stylish, but ultimately the most disappointing Denis.

7. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Bastards

I like this Denis film more than most people do though some of the choices I question yet I understand why she felt the need to head in those directions. But nevertheless intense and unapologetic

8. Ebru Yörükoğlu's rating of the film Bastards

9. ecstatic truth's rating of the film Bastards

A weak film by Denis' standards. Nice direction and score by Tindersticks, but for a thriller it's dawdling and ponderous, the characters making baffling decisions frequently.

10. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Bastards

I really like this director, but I just didn't like this one. This is my least favorite film by the very talented Claire Denis.

11. Stevie's rating of the film Bastards

Claire Denis works absolute wonders with mood and atmosphere, perhaps elevating the film further in estimation than it otherwise would be. A great neo-noir filmed in inimitable Denis style.

12. BicheOmaBiche's rating of the film Bastards

13. Dan's rating of the film Bastards

Aside from being intensely sexy and hypnotic, a Claire Denis film is always a nice reunion with old friends. This one has some great new faces (Créton and Mastroianni especially) that will be more than welcome in future films.

14. film_lies101's rating of the film Bastards

My third Denis film and so far she is 3 for 3. Definitely becoming one of favs

15. aether's rating of the film Bastards

(sparse, opaque, visceral)

16. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Bastards

Really strong film fueled by a grim atmosphere and excellent direction from Claire Denis!

17. Enkiled's rating of the film Bastards

18. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Bastards

Claire Denis, always elegant, even when the hands are diving that deep into dirt.

19. DSPRKY's rating of the film Bastards

Lol this is a dark arthouse Christopher Nolan film! Proof: scrambled narrative à la MEMENTO, plus corn like in INTERSTELLAR!

20. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Bastards

never seen a film implode (needlessly) more than the last 30 mins of this one

21. Rugpjute's rating of the film Bastards

22. El Biffo's rating of the film Bastards

The most difficult of Claire Denis' films. Difficult to watch, to understand, to accept, yet obviously excellent. I will need to watch it a second time; all of Denis' films deserve a second viewing (at least). Image by Agnes Godard. Co-stars Chiara Mastroianni, daughter of of Catherine Deneuve and Marcello Mastroianni. Do not expect "light entertainment".

23. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Bastards

With great performances by all the cast and demanding a lot from the audiences, “Bastards” is undisputed leader for darkest film of the year. Full Review: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/11/bastards-2013.html

24. Mike Archibald's rating of the film Bastards

The obscurantist plotting seems forced and a little desperate, particularly since its radicalism isn't complemented by the visuals, which are a bit bland and conventional by Denis' standards. Honestly it feels like the guessing and deduction games are just there to hold our attention and spice up what seems to be overzealous miserablism and a story mainly notable for its nods to High and Low and Faulkner.