1. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Bastards

2. Cartaphilus's rating of the film Bastards

3. William R Clark's rating of the film Bastards

3.5-4, every Denis film feels like a masterpiece to me, but I cannot abide some of the rottenness distracts her from the subtle examinations of human behavior - some shots feel thrown away, which is not what I'm used to seeing with her. For better or worse, filmmaking improves as she settles into cold darkness, New French Extremity or whatever. On this account, digital brings out the best Denis.

4. Heather Andersen Ower's rating of the film Bastards

5. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Bastards

A confusing and pointless structure

6. Muraki's rating of the film Bastards

7. kubrickhallway's rating of the film Bastards

Denis handles the story in such a hypnotic, engrossing way, that her direction is more interesting than the film itself.

8. Dries's rating of the film Bastards

Lo salva la meravigliosa soundtrack ma per il resto è mediocre come tutto il cinema della denis, la regista più sopravvalutata di sempre

9. ExperimentoFilm's rating of the film Bastards

Initially intriguing, always stylish, but ultimately the most disappointing Denis.

10. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Bastards

I like this Denis film more than most people do though some of the choices I question yet I understand why she felt the need to head in those directions. But nevertheless intense and unapologetic

11. Ebru Yörükoğlu's rating of the film Bastards

12. ecstatic truth's rating of the film Bastards

A weak film by Denis' standards. Nice direction and score by Tindersticks, but for a thriller it's dawdling and ponderous, the characters making baffling decisions frequently.

13. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Bastards

I really like this director, but I just didn't like this one. This is my least favorite film by the very talented Claire Denis.

14. Stevie's rating of the film Bastards

Claire Denis works absolute wonders with mood and atmosphere, perhaps elevating the film further in estimation than it otherwise would be. A great neo-noir filmed in inimitable Denis style.

15. BicheOmaBiche's rating of the film Bastards

16. Dan's rating of the film Bastards

Aside from being intensely sexy and hypnotic, a Claire Denis film is always a nice reunion with old friends. This one has some great new faces (Créton and Mastroianni especially) that will be more than welcome in future films.

17. film_lies101's rating of the film Bastards

My third Denis film and so far she is 3 for 3. Definitely becoming one of favs

18. aether's rating of the film Bastards

(sparse, opaque, visceral)

19. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Bastards

Really strong film fueled by a grim atmosphere and excellent direction from Claire Denis!

20. Enkiled's rating of the film Bastards

21. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Bastards

Claire Denis, always elegant, even when the hands are diving that deep into dirt.

22. DSPRKY's rating of the film Bastards

Lol this is a dark arthouse Christopher Nolan film! Proof: scrambled narrative à la MEMENTO, plus corn like in INTERSTELLAR!

23. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Bastards