1. Levi Miah's rating of the film Batang West Side

Lav Diaz channels The Wire in this frosty neo-noir. Meticulously crafted in story and editing, setting the framework for Diaz's documentary style, it hypnotises in a completely different way to his later works. We're thrust into fine, close-up detail of addiction, neglect, loss and intracultural immigrant relations. A bleak study of a nation through it's individual characters in a foreign place.

2. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film Batang West Side

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Batang West Side

4. matelot's rating of the film Batang West Side

4.5 I'm always more sure that Lav Diaz is of the greatest director (or "narrator") of our times.

5. Diego Carrera's rating of the film Batang West Side

One of the most complete and profound exams of conscience I have seen in a movie with a social thematic. I've just been introduced to Lav Diaz work through this fantastic film and I'm deeply impressed.

6. David Grillo's rating of the film Batang West Side

I feel I'll never get over this an experience an entire people the pitfalls of man every young man should see this film so many others so many young men I've known as real as this film I don't have anything revealing to say nothing that this masterpiece doesn't say for itself. Its one of the most important films I'll ever get to see please if you can don't hesitate watch it.