1. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

The ending throws me a bit on the extent to which this plugs into the animated series, (The Joker died, right?) but wow: an animated Batman with the talent of the tv series unleashed from its restraints is really something to behold. It unfolds as a slow-burn noir thriller centered around Gotham's mafia that weaves itself very well into Bruce's backstory/inner turmoil. Also, bonus points for honoring Burton's Joker.

2. Ricardo Zambujo's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Really good, The Joker and Wayne are perfect and the romance is really well handled.

3. João R's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

It was mostly Miss Beaumont that made it worth watching - so sassy and twisty.

4. Nachtreich's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

5. asshondryia2's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Best Batman movie. Best DC Animated movie.

6. DenoResandono's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Its intriguing and complex plot is the main reason why this is one of the best Batman animated movie of all time...

7. André Vieira's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

I absolutely loved the animation, specially the art deco stylish version of the Batman. It really shines (his eyes literally glow) whenever the Dark Knight is hiding in the shadows. Besides the Nolan Trilogy and the classical 'Batman Returns', directed by Tim Burton, this movie shows, perfectly, how you can combine the harrowing origin of the Dark Knight while introducing a noir-esque femme fatale romance.

8. Rahul Shrivastav's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Almost Perfect 4.5 stars out of 5

9. frisbeetoe@gmail.com's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

10. Dan's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

There are terrifying images, beautiful shadows and, unfortunately, a slightly gooey love story at its center. But it all still registers as more real and more sinister a film than a 5-year old should be allowed to watch.

11. film_lies101's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

12. Keith Fletcher's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Best Batman film of all time. This is the Dark Knight of the comic books and is surprisingly a tearjerker. The only Batman is Kevin Conroy. Great for kids and adults, and the art deco artstyle still holds up.

13. Adrian's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

14. meancreek's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Much more entertaining and mature than anything Tim Burton or Joel Schumacher could put together. The big problem with Burton and Schumacher's films is the bad balancing of a Batman action story and a Bruce Wayne drama, and that's something that Mask of the Phantasm balances perfectly. I really like it, and that's coming from someone who largely dislikes animated films. Maybe this is a turning point for me.

15. R_D_P's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Amazing Art Deco visuals, incredible story, it's the animation quality (fine for childrens' tv, slightly slipshod for a feature length film) that stop it from being perfect.

16. flobota's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

very strong pilot, definitely able to compete with Batman Begins

17. Zachary Curl's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

this is one of my favorite pieces of cinema, animated or otherwise. Batman is something that has stuck with me since i was young enough to remember, and this film is something that reminds me why i love animation and cinema as an adult.

18. Chris Mello's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

The best Batman film before The Dark Knight. While Ledger may have dethroned Hamill's excellent Joker, Conroy is still the best Batman.

19. Owen Sound's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Kevin Conroy will always be my favourite Batman.

20. Zarathustrax's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

21. Rick Brands's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Great animated movie; it really took me back to my childhood times when 'Batman - The Animated Series' was one of the best cartoons on television, as well as offering some new insights to the origins of the Caped Crusader. Another good thing is that Wayne, for once, isn't shown as just another happy-go-lucky, if a bit crazy playboy, but a human being with many emotional layers. Essential viewing for any Batman fan.

22. Tag Simler's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Thank you Mubi for putting this on here. And great image as well. Would love to see this get a remaster someday.

23. Jacob McKinley's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

words can't express my love!

24. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

A youthful favorite. I get misty every time I finish watching it. And I had the little collectable comic it came with too!