1. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Batman Returns

2. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Batman Returns

The bat, the cat and the penguin. I've just rediscovered how amazing Burton's Batman is. I saw it only once like 7 years ago and didn't taught much of it. Now that I have way more film knowledge, I can clearly see the expressionist influence of this film. It is one of the best Batman films but also the one with the least of him in it. More than a superhero film, this is a darkly comic story about freaks and outcasts.

3. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Batman Returns

tragic irony or poetic justice - you tell me

4. Z's rating of the film Batman Returns

Gone are the days when a big budget event film conceived to sell merchandise would be helmed by a director as idiosyncratic as Tim Burton was at this time. Burton and scripter Daniel Waters twist the iconic hero and villains to their own perverse ends. Less a franchise place holder than an anguished cry of fury. A distinctly personal statement by an artist given a wide commercial canvas with which to express himself.

5. Mordfockas's rating of the film Batman Returns

6. hamsa's rating of the film Batman Returns

7. Star Lord's rating of the film Batman Returns

Anche questo non è per niente male, ma non eccezionale.

8. Ladyslobberin's rating of the film Batman Returns

9. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Batman Returns

(3.5) I re-watched Burton's Batman the other day and found it disappointing but watching this for the first time (24 years late) I was pretty impressed. It feels like Burton got to make a film more in his own style, darker and weirder than the first Batman, and DeVito and particularly Pfeiffer are great.

10. Addy K.'s rating of the film Batman Returns

Although lacking the raw, visceral power of the original, BATMAN RETURNS improves upon its predecessor's clunkier parts (dialog, plot, tone). Given free rein by the studio, Tim Burton pile-drives his artistic credo ('it's okay to be a freak') while leaning on the stunning production and costume design. Then there is Keaton's Batman and Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman. Their sadomasochism as unflinching modern romance.

11. James Mackin's rating of the film Batman Returns

I really hated this film as a kid, because it wasn't a film about Batman, but instead, a film about freaks. The older I get, the more I appreciate this film though. This isn't a Batman film. This is Tim Burton making a film about freaks.

12. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Batman Returns

More stylish and inventive than any superhero material is likely to be in the next decade.

13. Ethan's rating of the film Batman Returns

Where the first film felt like a comic book, this one feels like a German Expressionist film disguised as a Batman movie with a feel that is a prelude to The Nightmare Before Christmas.

14. Barış Akpınar's rating of the film Batman Returns

15. ikkini's rating of the film Batman Returns

"Allo ? Tim ? On tourne un film là ? C'est pas toi qui réalise ? Non parce qu'il y a personne pour diriger là !"

16. sainte's rating of the film Batman Returns

Back when Tim Burton used to be great.

17. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Batman Returns

18. Omid Shenavar's rating of the film Batman Returns

Just for Michelle Pfeiffer ♥

19. Levent Güçer's rating of the film Batman Returns

20. cvalda's rating of the film Batman Returns

An extra star for Selina Kyle's costume and apartment design.

21. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Batman Returns

Little Tim Burton had too many sweets on christmas eve. He went to his bedroom stuffed with too many toys and fell into sleep. He had a bizarre nightmare. Years later he filmed his nightmare and called it Batman Returns.

22. cmuela's rating of the film Batman Returns

23. Matthew Horvath's rating of the film Batman Returns

This is less a BATMAN movie and more of a Tim Burton tale of urbanized Fractured Fairy Tale characters. That being said, Michael Keaton is (unconventionally, I admit) the BEST Dark Knight ever! His relationship with an equally superb Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman is the most perfect representation of 21st Century "love affairs" I've yet seen. (All the masks ... the posturing...) The movie looks incredible too!

24. Cathy Heard's rating of the film Batman Returns

Meh. It's a Batman movie. That said, the obvious Expressionist influence is wonderful, and the resulting look is Burton through and though but before he hit self-parody. Pfeiffer might just be my favorite cinematic Catwoman (can't beat Newmar or Kitt on the small screen though). Can you imagine such an interesting casting choice for the lead being made today? I miss quirky choices, like Keaton.