1. DenoResandono's rating of the film Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1

This Part 1 offered you anything what you want from Batman movie. Dark? Check. Gritty? Check. Action? Check. Complex plot? Check, but not too complex. I'm ready for Part 2!

2. Zach Closs's rating of the film Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1

Frank Miller was always the perfect writer to realize the cathartic justice and near-psychotic hypocrisy inherent in Batman, and to my pleasant surprise Jay Olivia's film is doggedly faithful to his graphic novel. Seeing the vulnerable, over-the-hill Bruce Wayne (voiced by the spectacular Peter Weller) rediscover his passion for punishing sinister evildoers is truly compelling. Can't wait to see Part 2.

3. James Mackin's rating of the film Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1

One of the best Batman stories gets Peter Weller to play Batman.

4. babycakesromero's rating of the film Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1

the ultimate batman story...

5. yigitpinarbasi's rating of the film Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1

6. Siavash Aliparast's rating of the film Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1

Congratulations Frank Miller you took my favorite comic-book character and turned him into a shallow, close-minded,alpha male fascist so you could show off your idiotic and hateful politics.

7. Sean's rating of the film Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1

Based on Frank Miller's graphic novel, this film is dark and gritty just like the original novel. Peter Weller is the voice of Batman, while I am used to Kevin Conroy doing the voice it's good to see a change. I think he does a great job. Oliva tries to keep the animation looking the same as the graphic novel and I think its done wonderfully.

8. lpseudo's rating of the film Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1

Darren Aronofsky should do the live action adaptation of this. THIS is how a Batman movie should be... not that Nolan shit. And by shit, I mean The Dark Knight Rises kind of shit.

9. flobota's rating of the film Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1

Watching this again after reading the graphic novel made me realized what a child of its time it is. It has the time very late cold war tonality that our children won't understand. The animated adaption is pretty true to the original including it's weaknesses. The voice cast is ok, could have been better.

10. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1

The best Batman animated adaptation yet. Period.

11. yuriwalker's rating of the film Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1

WE ARE THE SONS OF BATMAN! !

12. mjgildea's rating of the film Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1

Quite possibly the most solid and faithful adaptation of a graphic novel yet. Any liberties taken are an improvement. The character design and voice acting were top-notch. My only gripe was breaking it up into 2 parts but since it was in the interest of being able to churn out a quality production I'll shut up.

13. Andre Rehal's rating of the film Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1

A very good adaptation of the graphic novel, loved the visual style and the voice acting and cast choices were top notch. I just wish they didn't break the story into two. Given how well this turned out I'm wondering why "Batman: Year One" was so flat?

14. Jason Callen's rating of the film Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1

Way better than anything from the Nolanverse.

15. Joe Belfeuil's rating of the film Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1

A solid adaptation of the source material. Peter Weller does a great job voicing the elder version of Batman.

16. LaFleur's rating of the film Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1

Can we get Part 2 added to the database sometime soon?