1. MisterColo93's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

2. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

Despite the opening, the ending works miracles.

3. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

4. ammar's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

5. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

6. Rui Oliveira's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

You don't stay indifferent to this film. I didn't love it, but I enjoyed watching it nevertheless. It's definitely a highly symbolic art film about contemporary Mexican society, worth a view. Beautifully shot, with long and unexpected shots. But I still prefer Post Tenebras Lux.

7. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

8. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

An interesting and entertaining oddity, this has some moments of near-greatness mixed in with a lot of moments that feel a bit pointless. The presence of Anapola Mushkadiz helps a lot.

9. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

I would rate it 3.5 in 5. The world of Mexico City is captured so well in this film: religion, kidnappings, politics, art/paintings, the wide divide between the rich and the poor and sex. Inventive cinema. Reygadas improves considerably in his later works-Silent light and Post tenebras lux. But this film is indicative of his latent talent.

10. Dominika Baran's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

11. Ian Pike's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

So dull I can't even be bothered to list the ways it is dull!

12. Christopher Holloway's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

13. Superfrog's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

Surprising opening scene pulled me in; rest of the film made me wonder why I bothered. I quite liked how the was sex is shot, particularly the post shag liedown, but by the end of it it feels like the film would not have much to stand on without the graphic contents. The story is weak, and a peek and a glance could tell as much as much as a drawn out blowjob.

14. María F. Guerrero's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

I just couldn't find myself to relate or care about anything that was going on. There were some very powerful scenes but that was about it. Also, the sound was just bad overall.

15. Adriana Venegas's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

16. anthony's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

some of the shots are brillantly paced and detailed. Storyline although based around a family man is certainly not family viewing. Its the sort of opposite of family. Anyhow some great photography here and there.

17. dannyjp1981's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

Battle In Heaven may well have some powerful, 'incendiary' imagery, but there is simply nothing of substance here. Carlos Reygadas has managed to make a film with real sex, some brutal violence & a plot involving a baby kidnap gone wrong and the daughter of a powerful general involved in prostitution amazingly dull. I gave this film an hour and a half of my full and undivided attention and got nothing back for it.

18. El Abuelo Kraken's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

Hay escenas que parecen reflejar una intención artística, pero que regresa vacía, sin contenido, sin riqueza visual o auditiva. Vamos… como tirar a los patos. Mucho relleno, mucha calma, demasiada… y lo peor, las escenas innecesariamente grotescas, con personajes que parecen emanados de un cuadro de Botero, jadeando, gimiendo… no sé que vi: una película o un documental de National Geographic.

19. consuelo's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

Película extraviada en el dilema 'lo hago para mí o para los demás'. Reygadas en esta mueve imágenes pero no engatuza al espectador. Escandalosa a falta de otra cosa.

20. MONSIEURDE's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

21. FISCHER's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

"Un ovni cinématographique" d'une incroyable virtuosité dont bien des spectateurs troublés ne retiendront hélas que les puissantes scènes érotiques... www.cinefiches.com

22. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

Pfff excellent... latin america's class struggles summed up in a tragic blow job... pure extasy!!!!

23. bagno's rating of the film Battle in Heaven