1. Kenneth Gentry's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

2. Ignatz's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

Total and absolute caca de caballo. Absolutely pointless, no discernable message or purpose. MUBI, I think we need some time apart.

3. pensum's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

Wonderful film with excellent camera work and editing, and an elusive, and allusive, narrative.

4. Gaurav Singhmar's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

Whatever you do don't take your driver to watch this film with your daughter.

5. Chearth's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

6. Luca's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

Una sequenza ininterrotta di scene simboliche e concrete. Frammenti di una società dissociata: un disco incrinato che continua a marciare; una campana che ha perduto "la parola"; una città di sentimenti distorti; una discarica nella quale gli ultimi esseri umani capaci di sudare e sanguinare rovistano alla ricerca di un scarto, di un pezzo di felicità da consumare crudo; una fellatio in questa prigione di cielo.

7. p.mainka's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

Disturbing and long drawn out story. Some kind of bad actors. Interesting scenery, bit part players an dummys give me a picture of Mexico so interesting I was able to finish this symbolic tour de force.

8. misu's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

9. Michael H. CLAES's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

Tequila vitriol cocktail. Mexico = crime + foot + religion. Too long, endless static shots & fat bodies. This abject affair of a stupid driver with a borderline Lolita gives nausea, incl. blowjobs === Cocktail tequila vitriol. Mexique = crime + foot + religion. Trop de plans statiques, de corps adipeux. Cette histoire abjecte d'un chauffeur stupide avec une Lolita borderline donne la nausée, y compris les fellations.

10. Ivan's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

Reygadas con esta pelicula asienta varios temas controversiales en la metrópolis de la ciudad de México, sin embargo, como todos sabemos la narrativa de Reygadas es ambigua y el contexto que nos coloca no nos deja apreciar realmente los temas que tocan. Sin embargo, vale la pena echar una mirada ya que Reygadas se desataca nuevamente como el director con el discurso original, sin pretenciones y pasional.

11. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

12. CRW's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

I get it, though it's tough. Verging on sacrilegious. Masterful.

13. Alex Flores's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

Not for the faint of heart or easily bored.

14. MisterColo93's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

15. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

Despite the opening, the ending works miracles.

16. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

17. ammar's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

18. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

19. Rui Oliveira's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

You don't stay indifferent to this film. I didn't love it, but I enjoyed watching it nevertheless. It's definitely a highly symbolic art film about contemporary Mexican society, worth a view. Beautifully shot, with long and unexpected shots. But I still prefer Post Tenebras Lux.

20. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

21. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

An interesting and entertaining oddity, this has some moments of near-greatness mixed in with a lot of moments that feel a bit pointless. The presence of Anapola Mushkadiz helps a lot.

22. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

I would rate it 3.5 in 5. The world of Mexico City is captured so well in this film: religion, kidnappings, politics, art/paintings, the wide divide between the rich and the poor and sex. Inventive cinema. Reygadas improves considerably in his later works-Silent light and Post tenebras lux. But this film is indicative of his latent talent.

23. Dominika Baran's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

24. Ian Pike's rating of the film Battle in Heaven

So dull I can't even be bothered to list the ways it is dull!

← Previous 1 3 4