1. FISCHER's rating of the film Battling Butler

Pour les beaux yeux d'une jeune fille, Buster Keaton alias Alfred Butler s'opposera à un puissant et violent adversaire, qui est champion de boxe toutes catégories confondues ..... REJOUISSANT ! www.cinefiches.com

2. SpacePirate's rating of the film Battling Butler

Not a fav of mine, but a solid Keaton 20's entry. He just made so many better films that this one feels a bit flat comparatively. Still better than 90 percent of the comedies from the era, however. Worth a look.

3. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Battling Butler

4. José Neves's rating of the film Battling Butler

"Desire" list: It will be eventually strange to consider Keaton one of the finest men who went through printed nitrate, but that's what I think, and above all I experience, in each of the films in which his incredulous and inexpressible face faces the multiple difficulties that the practical world places to him, so close to my idiosyncrasies, my soul mate. What stupefied eyes!

5. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Battling Butler

The Majestic with Rocky V ending.

6. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Battling Butler

A different kind of Keaton film that is based on a stage play. Instead of his usual complex gags, Keaton makes up for it with the physical. A lesser work but worth watching for the training sequences alone.

7. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Battling Butler

A bit of a stylistic departure for Keaton, BATTLING BUTLER finds the comedian as a wealthy playboy who sets out to prove his manhood, and misrepresents himself to a young woman as a championship boxer, and is forced to back up his lie by entering a boxing match with the Alabama Murderer. An adaptation of a stage play, BATTLING BUTLER lacks some of Keaton's more complex gags, but has a certain charm.