1. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film Baxter, Vera Baxter

2. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Baxter, Vera Baxter

As if portraying the inside of a hypnose session, Duras unfolds visual time stopping - that kind of obsessed filmmaking. First, we meet Vera through the words of others. Then, when we get to watch her on the top of her bed, she's already a broken character offering multiple layers of undertanding: Vera is a sign, a metaphor, a sentimental case study. Baxter answers the audience as a puzzle - bit by bit. Beautiful.

3. peaches and plums's rating of the film Baxter, Vera Baxter

4. lina maj's rating of the film Baxter, Vera Baxter

I gotta nominate this one for the most annoying soudtrack. I liked and appreciated the overall idea of the film, but the characters did not carry it well. The dialogues fell flat in too many places. The house was a great character though. Camera showing the empty living room with all the women gone at the end - my favorite scene and such a relief.

5. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Baxter, Vera Baxter

Druas' sense of unity in film is simply extraordinary!

6. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Baxter, Vera Baxter

If the writing were even halfway compelling (ie dialogue, incidents) we would have something here. On the other hand, Duras smartly realizes this and couches the film within dreamy sound and the languid pace of the plot. Some nice shots.

7. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Baxter, Vera Baxter

Real ruins around a scrupulous analysis of a ruined life. but unlike real ruins, ruined lives often appear under the most carefully kempt and conserved surfaces, with all the microfissures meticulously hushed under the heavy rugs of various accomplishments. To obliquely quote a beatle: a ruined life is what happens to you when you are busy making other things. Women facing Anna Freud: do compliance and conformity

8. FILMSICK's rating of the film Baxter, Vera Baxter