1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Bay of Angels

If Jeanne Moreau seduced me into going along with her gambling addiction I, a gay man, would be like, "Yeah, ok. I'm in."

2. Renton47's rating of the film Bay of Angels

There is something timeless in its depiction of idealism, that a man can look at a woman or a roulette table and think it will bend to his whim. But Demy is better depicting multiple characters, the isolated view keeps Moreau purely as surface. And roulette is a completely un-cinematic game.

3. dionysus67's rating of the film Bay of Angels

Super-stylish wedlock of the ordinary (a bank clerk) and the extraordinary (a gambling nymph). The amoralism of Moreau's compulsion is surreptitously addictive, very much like gambling: society's modern form of magic. Demy does wonders not only in the famous opening shot but also with the aural synecdoches of the casino chips and the seashore pebbles. A nearly religious litany about chance, this is hugely attractive!

4. EdieEmm's rating of the film Bay of Angels

Respectfully disagree. Lacks the depth to seem more than fetishistic, to me, and on the other hand lacks the energy to be truly iconic. Demy excels - is at peak nuance, depth, empathy, wit, subversion - in his musicals. But these others always leave me, honestly, just a little bored, and mildly irritated at something like their unused potential.

5. Elena's rating of the film Bay of Angels

4 stars for Jeanne Moreau's character

6. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Bay of Angels

7. ninchok's rating of the film Bay of Angels

My kind of an encyclopedia.

8. Log Lady's rating of the film Bay of Angels

Perfect for a melancholic summer day, when the weather is shitty and you want to see a piece of the Riviera, even if it's in just black and white. Familiar downbeat mood of a Demy film, but somehow I was more enthralled by this than by anything else I've seen from him.

9. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Bay of Angels

A somber story of desperation and the relationship between love and addiction.

10. FISCHER's rating of the film Bay of Angels

Une oeuvre à redécouvrir, entre sourde nostalgie et quinte flush royale ! www.cinefiches.com

11. Severus Snape's rating of the film Bay of Angels

ja nisam kockar ali gubim :P

12. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Bay of Angels

13. Balthaz21's rating of the film Bay of Angels

14. Muraki's rating of the film Bay of Angels

4.5/5..the happy ending ending was silly but carrying it's own messege

15. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Bay of Angels

A young man becomes a gambler, meets a woman, becomes infatuated, and starts living life by chance. It's never a good idea gamble with money, let alone life. It's a story about getting poisoned, and about two different lives trying to live together in a way that can only cause harm. The man misunderstands the relationship, and it is his job to misunderstand because the woman is in control, and she makes the rules.

16. elif jazel's rating of the film Bay of Angels

good acting performances. boring story & terrible ending. not even close to my expectations.

17. Michael Stephenson's rating of the film Bay of Angels

Intoxicating gambling film. Moreau is stunning. The ending feels a little too 'easy' but that is the film's only fault.

18. SpacePirate's rating of the film Bay of Angels

Middle of the road, and the repetitive soundtrack got annoying after awhile. For Demy fans only

19. greers's rating of the film Bay of Angels

3,5/5. i loved the gambling parts, jeanne moreau is so excellent. the ending was disappointing tho, as if addiction can be cured just like that lol

20. azmi's rating of the film Bay of Angels

Jeanne Moreau is the main attraction. Her every move gives the film its life.

21. Pakbro's rating of the film Bay of Angels

very nice. And she's such a great actress. Funny to see costa gavras and claude zidi as assistants.

22. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Bay of Angels

I have her problem. I win a little, think I've been kissed by luck and gamble it away. Desperate people never win.

23. CINEFOLLE88's rating of the film Bay of Angels

The european answer to the old American propaganda exploitation drama. Nothing more. Pathetic!

24. Ferit Karaduman's rating of the film Bay of Angels

daha fazla ciddiye de alabilirdim ama oyunculuk dediğin de bu değil...