1. JCPJD's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

Beast of No Nation belongs to Abraham Attah who gives the kind of performance that students of acting could watch, absorb, study and admire. Idris Elba is also remarkable. It's worth a watch for the performances alone. In terms of content, I have little to add. The films beauty serves to heighten, not dilute, the violence. A heartfelt approach to a heartbreaking reality.

2. J. O.'s rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

Masterfully crafted, with compelling performances and a beautiful style. But, ultimately this was a little hollow given the subject matter – especially compared to similar efforts such as War Witch and Johnny Mad Dog (the most interesting entry of them all).

3. Sirma Kurtulmaz's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

4. Santiago Roditti's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

That televisión metaphor, on point.

5. smndvdcl's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

An audacious project that proves the excellence of Idris Elba as a method actor and Fukunaga's continued competence since the outstanding Season One of 'True Detective'. Historical accuracy regarding a specific African civil war would have reinforced the credibility of this daring project, but instead, it lies alongside films like 'Blood Diamond' - dramatic, absorbing but arguably caricatured by its generalities.

6. sabrina's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

7. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

Quando ci dicono che un regista mezzo giapponese che vive negli States prende in mano un film sulla guerra in Africa, la reazione ci porta a storgere il naso. Beh, raddrizzatelo, perché Fukunaga questo giro ha fatto centro, con un film crudo nel contenuto quanto piacevole esteticamente. Una fotografia meravigliosa, una regia di qualità ed un cast sorprendentemente competente fanno di questo film una piccola perla.

8. CanonFiller's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

Cary Fukunaga accentuates my fanboy crush on him with a gorgeous looking but brutal and graphic account of a child's life amidst a bloody war. Kind of drags in the last third. The kid Attah was amazing in his role, that last dialogue bit and his delivery is something to remember. So much colour! Elba's haircut really messed with my head.

9. Nachtreich's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

10. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

A critic of its time once said that "Saving Private Ryan" did the dirty work of making war and violence ugly again and I believe that this film is the regeneration of that principle. An absolutely gutting movie.

11. Cinnamon's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

Un film duro e spietato come lo è la realtà in molte zone dell'Africa. Beasts Of No Nation, quasi con taglio documentaristico e privo di qualsiasi giudizio morale, ci ricorda in ogni singolo fotogramma di cui è composto quanto noi occidentali siamo stati fortunati nel nascere e crescere nella parte "buona" del mondo. Visione obbligata ed efficace strumento in grado di suscitare piú di una una riflessione.

12. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

I didn't expect it to be so affecting and so difficult to watch in places. Heartbreaking due to the total nihilism depicted in this war torn country. Fukunaga is fast becoming a favourite director of mine.

13. barbosajoca's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

14. Bob's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

Occasional cruelty opposed with rich color palette of Ghanaian countryside makes an exceptional journey into more beautiful part of the hell with Elba's natural villainous performance. Also, those are the reasons why in the end everything feels like it's missing a natural flow. As if everything was predetermined by the schedule with pieces being where they are supposed to be instead of where they are meant to be.

15. Tigrão's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

An absolutely mesmerising vision of hell from a director at the top of his art. Wonderful, wonderful film.

16. Sergio Fernandez's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

3.5 le sobró media hora a la película. fuera de eso, un retrato brutal, filmado con un ojazo

17. jooley's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

Very cinematic, with a memorable sequence towards the end, the movie most notably succeeds in humanizing all of the characters, who would otherwise be relegated to the ranks of beasts, gleaming heroes and faceless victims.

18. James Mackin's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

Netflix's first, and still best, narrative movie. Idris Elba is great, even when playing a guy who rapes kids.

19. lo0226's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

7,5/10 Bon film sur les enfants soldats d'Afrique. Triste réalité.

20. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

Kemiksiz 3..We just want to be happy in this life.

21. wizdom's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

Great performances all around (Idris Elba should have been nominated). A tough watch when you see what these kids go thru.

22. el.'s rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

-4. Though being aware of such scenarios and accepting them as a reality which is much harsher and bestial than this almost poetic interpretation, the amount of emotions this film provoked is pretty striking.

23. Lou Abrego's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

Hauntingly powerful and brutal.

24. surgery-ethic's rating of the film Beasts of No Nation

"I saw terrible things and I did terrible things. So if I'm talking to you, it will make me sad and it will make you too sad. I just want to be happy in this life. If I'm telling this to you... you will think that I am some sort of beast or devil. I am all of these things, but I also having mother... father... brother and sister once. They loved me."

← Previous 1 3 4